Username: Password:

Author Topic: Desert Golf  (Read 636 times)

dhw1949

Desert Golf
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:54:09 PM »
Haven't been out 'golfing' for about six months or so, but my shooting buddy and I go out along the power line road off Miller Road and Tonopah-Salome and shoot golf balls.  He has a Henry .22lr lever action, I have a Marlin .22lr bolt action.  We line a bunch of them out about 10 yards, then see who can dance one of them out the furthest, or 'steal' the other's shot.  Best we've done is about 50 or 60 yards.  Open sights, too!
If you cut the top off of a 16 ounce Monster can and put about 3 golf balls in it, it acts like a golf ball mortar.
I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

870policemag

• Sr. Contributor
Re: Desert Golf
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 09:13:52 PM »
I've often said that the most fun that I've with a gun is chasing golf balls with a .22lr. Especially if you're both shooting at the same ball. I think someone made a .22lr pool game not too long ago.

Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

LuckyLeaky

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 09:41:51 PM »
Reminds me of a shirt I recently saw
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life... -Winston Churchill

Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 07:00:52 AM »
The Pool game put a smile on my face to start the day.

dhw1949

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 05:27:39 PM »
I've often said that the most fun that I've with a gun is chasing golf balls with a .22lr. Especially if you're both shooting at the same ball. I think someone made a .22lr pool game not too long ago.

Oh hell YEAH!  Great video.  It sounded more like a 9mm than a .22, though.  Gonna have to steal the video...
I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.