Username: Password:

Author Topic: Larger EDC Blades.  (Read 199 times)

TNFrank61

Larger EDC Blades.
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »
Sometimes a bit bigger IS better for EDC. Enjoy.

NRA Member

"The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
- Ted Nugent

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
Re: Larger EDC Blades.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 09:48:33 PM »
Thanks for the review.  I kinda' like that Spyderco.   :thumbup
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Robert A. Heinlein ,  Friday

TNFrank61

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:44:52 PM »
The Spyderco Resilience is an awesome alternative to the Military and it's about 1/5th the cost. Any of the three will make a good larger EDC blade and don't discount the Ganzo G740 just because it's priced at about half of what the other two are. It's still got a good blade in 440C and has a decent locking system so it's a great budget EDC as well. 
NRA Member

"The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
- Ted Nugent

FreeInAZ

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 11:23:20 AM »
The Spyderco Resilience is an awesome alternative to the Military and it's about 1/5th the cost. Any of the three will make a good larger EDC blade and don't discount the Ganzo G740 just because it's priced at about half of what the other two are. It's still got a good blade in 440C and has a decent locking system so it's a great budget EDC as well.
I own a G740, and for the small price tag, this large knife stands and delivers: excellent edge (a.K.a.- razor sharp & easy to keep that way.), sturdy construction and a decent carry clip. For the $20 range you'll be hard pressed to find a better folding knife value IMHO.