Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shipping through USPS using ammo boxes?  (Read 1311 times)

BanxJ502

• Contributor
Shipping through USPS using ammo boxes?
« on: April 25, 2017, 10:54:02 pm »
Sorta random question, but is it alright to ship packages through usps using ammo boxes? For example, i have quite a few CCI boxes, that the boxes of ammo came in. All over the cardboard box it says "1000 rounds", CCI etc. Id like to re use the boxes because it seems like a waste to just throw them away but i dont know how USPS will react to seeing that kind of stuff on a box they are transporting?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    Re: Shipping through USPS using ammo boxes?
    « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 11:27:22 pm »
    Can you carefully break the seal (corner) then turn the box inside out gluing the seal/corner spine back together? I've done this before and it's worked well.
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

BanxJ502

• Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 12:40:59 am »
    Looking at them them seem to be glued so i dont think id be able to without destroying the box.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 12:49:00 am »
    You will be SOL on air shipments...those types of boxes usually are not allowed to go air...look for a white and black triangle..if it has it no air

BanxJ502

• Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 01:03:41 am »
    You will be SOL on air shipments...those types of boxes usually are not allowed to go air...look for a white and black triangle..if it has it no air

There is a black & white diamond on the box if thats what you are referring to? I believe all of them have it. I ship mostly everything priority mail so im not sure if thats considered air mail or not.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 03:46:22 am »
    Yeah I meant diamond I'm sorry...
    My experience is through UPS though as we ship hazardous restricted merchandise all the time at my work...
    Best opinion I can give is to call usps  and ask them for their restrictions regarding it.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 04:01:24 am »
    Looking over their website it states ammunition is not allowed through usps...now even if you aren't shipping ammo, just the box alone could get it denied more than likely...

Priority is air so that diamond might just screw you there..again, I know this to be true though through UPS.

I

jrleen

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 03:12:40 pm »
    I have reused all kinds of boxes by covering the outside with old blueprint paper, flipped over gift wrap or brown wrapping/shipping paper....if your near the 51fwy and Shea I always have a bunch of blueprints being tossed you can have.

BanxJ502

• Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 06:04:13 pm »
    Thanks for all the info, i was actually able to turn the box inside out (thanks FreeInAZ for the idea) and now the print is on the inside. Just used an exacto to cut the flap on the box that was glued, reversed the whole thing and now nothing is on the outside. Now i can re use all of the boxes i have and i wont have to throw them away.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement