Username: Password:

Author Topic: Recommendation for Gunsmith (Mesa or Tempe).  (Read 1412 times)

monster

Recommendation for Gunsmith (Mesa or Tempe).
« on: April 27, 2017, 11:57:41 pm »
 I own a M57 Yugo chambered in 7.62x25. I want to convert to 9mm and hunted down components for the conversion but am having an issue. I have a 9rd 9mm magazine, magazine spacer, barrel bushing and a 9mm barrel from I believe a Norinco 213.

I installed all of the components and went to load 9mm (snap cap) and notice that when a round is chambered, the slide does not go all the way forward, off by a few millimeters. Taking the gun apart, I noticed that when drop a round in the barrel, it protrudes by a few millimeters, about the same space by which the slide is off by. When I take my 7.62x25 barrel and drop in a round, it sits perfectly flush.

I was thinking I received the wrong barrel but, going over my order from Numeric gun parts, it does state it is a Norinco 9mm barrel. Comparing the M57 barrel to the Norinco barrel, they look identical. Only issue is a round protrudes on the 9mm. I'm thinking about taking it to a gunsmith, any gunsmith recommendations in Mesa or Tempe? Thanks.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

grossekatz

Re: Recommendation for Gunsmith (Mesa or Tempe).
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 01:05:17 am »
    Sounds like you could be right about the barrel. If you put the snap cap in the 7.62 barrel does it hang out the same as it does in the other one?

StealthyMcStealth

• Bang
    « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 08:41:40 am »
    Guns ETC on Alma School just south of Guadalupe has a gunsmith that works Monday through Friday.

monster

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 03:04:47 pm »
    I took the barrel in to Wrights Armory. Evidently the barrel is chambered in 9x18 Makarov! :facepalm

Thanks Numrich Gun Parts...

monster

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:01:16 am »
    I tired a 9x18 Makarov and it doesn't fit. Any gunsmiths that can rebore pistol barrels?

monster

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 10:29:00 pm »
    Ordered another 9mm barrel from another distributer and is indeed 9x19! Success! Returned the other barrel today. I appreciate the input received.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement