Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kingston Armory M1 Garand  (Read 709 times)

crystal9833

Kingston Armory M1 Garand
« on: June 26, 2017, 07:04:02 am »
A while back I posted a topic asking for feedback or opinions on the Kingston Armory new M1 Garand clone in .22LR.  I stepped up and bought one, so I thought I would post my experiences with it so far.
The rifle from 10 feet away is a dead ringer for the original, except for the bolt.  The clone uses the Ruger 10/22 .22LR receiver.  Dimensions are nearly identical, including weight.
It shot very accurate right out of the box, but it was real sporadic on fully ejecting the spent cases.  You would think that by now the Ruger 10/22 semi-automatic system would be flawless.  Sent it back to Kingston Armory in New York to the cost of $48; package weighed over 10 pounds. 
Kingston Armory service is great for communicating with you and turnaround time was less than two weeks.
Got the rifle back and headed out to the desert to test it.  As when the rifle was new, I used 8 different types of 5 different brands of .22LR ammo.  Same results as when new !  Went bang, bang, jam !  I attempted countless times to get this to fire, feed, and eject 10 in a row, but best round was eight.
I called Kingston Armory and they had me return the rifle again, but this time at their expense.  Turn around this time was three weeks.  Don't know for sure what they did, but out of 500 rounds, it has only failed to eject 3 times; using the same ammos I used before. 
Looks like the problem is mostly resolve for now.
Side note :  When I first received the rifle, the handguard wood was a different color than the other stock wood.  I called them and received a replacement that matched (I texted them pictures) within a week.   
I just wanted to share how this rifle functioned and how pleased I was with the Kingston Armory service.   

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Rimfire

• Arizona Independant
    Re: Kingston Armory M1 Garand
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 12:34:20 pm »
    I have seen these, and as a owner of 2 Chiappa M1 .22s, I would not mind having one. Also would not mind having the Thompson 10/22.
    "You can call a chicken a duck all you want, but it ain't gonna help that little bastard swim any better."

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement