Username: Password:

Author Topic: Everyone on backpage phoenix is a movie star!!  (Read 1753 times)

Alex

• Contributor
Everyone on backpage phoenix is a movie star!!
« on: August 10, 2017, 07:07:15 pm »
I know i know .... backpage tom foolery has been covered to death but it still amuses me. Certainly the sellers here in phoenix must be famous personalities and simply by virtue of the fact that they owned and/or handled something it increases in value. I was simply unaware that we had so many famous people amongst us.

No secret that I like cz. So I check backpage just to see what might be available. Latest ... 600.00 for a USED cz compact. Currently my favorite carry. I got mine NEW for 529.00 all in less than a year ago.

So i should buy yours for nearly 75 bucks more because you shot it ... Just a little bit. Bwhahaha. :rotfl

Perhaps if it were autographed

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

870policemag

• Administrator
    Re: Everyone on backpage phoenix is a movie star!!
    « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:52:52 pm »
    I all aways assumed they raised the price so that prohibited possessors would eat the added cost to avoid straw sales.

over the years at work, I've watched these jokers try to sell me their prized firearms above retail. I manage pawn shop for those of you who don't know.

I blame smart phones and the internet. There are too many people that don't understand retail and mistake the manufacturers suggested retail price AKA M.S.R.P for fare market price.

Just imagine having to explains wholesale cost on items vs MSRP. It's a fuster cluck!

"But my phone says it's worth this much". :rolleyes
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 02:41:19 am »
    "But my phone says it's worth this much". :rolleyes
    Then sell it to your phone. :facepalm

pyrguy

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 05:44:13 am »
    Things are only worth what someone will pay for them.

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 09:43:05 am »
    Then sell it to your phone. :facepalm

I'm saving that one.  :thumbup
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

Alex

• Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 09:48:24 am »
    Ask them if they autographed it and what boy band they belonged to.  :-P

gottesKind

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 07:22:35 am »
    Hmm, well how much is one worth? Non fired. Just curious to know since I read my phone/internet cant tell me and I actually need to sell mine, under 45 days old..

Alex

• Contributor
    « Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 07:44:07 am »
    Hmm, well how much is one worth? Non fired. Just curious to know since I read my phone/internet cant tell me and I actually need to sell mine, under 45 days old..

Armoredman here is our CZ expert but I regularly see steel compacts on gunbroker for about $500. Just saw a pcr for 535. Add 20 for shipping and 20 for ffl.

I am not an illegal possessor and have my CCW so there is no reason to pay someone more than that to buy their used gun and your gun is used once you took it home.

Now with CZ, sellers can get kind of lucky because they seem to come out in batches and its feast or famine. If you are a CZ fan and all that are available is preowned you should be able to get a little more. I checked gun broker this morning and it was a little dry on new CZ compacts. I am a cz fan and have been eyeballing a 75 or sp01.

I lucked out and had just been watching for a long while and a FFl seller had a few steel compacts at 489.00 I guess under a year ago and I jumped on it. I actually prefer steel w safety. At the time there were a few pages of CZ compacts but not so much today.

If you are not talking about CZ then its still a good idea to check gunbroker and buds which would be the internet but is more reflective of actual asking price than is msrp.

I have no need to drive somewhere and have an awkward meeting in a strange parking lot to meet a stranger to pay more for a used gun when I can have a new one delivered to the FFL down the road from me for the same price. Unless its a good deal!

If someone has paid more than that because they impulse bought at a local dealer or because the tax killed them .... well then your just going to lose money and I have lost money on plenty of guns I thought I would love and decided to sell. I figure I got to rent and try it for the time I owned it for the 40 bucks I might lose which is still a good deal.

Here is another bit of sale advice. Most people dont want your added junk. If you bought fancy scales you may be better off throwing on the original and selling the grips on ebay. Some people will be thrilled that you have 18 mags and there are people like me that are happy with 2-3 so sell your gun and then sell your slag.
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:51:42 am by Alex »

gottesKind

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 09:30:25 am »
    Thanks for the honest reply. Once I hit 10 posts, I'll make a thread for a $300 un-fired CZ 75D PCR.

Alex

• Contributor
    « Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 09:38:50 am »
    Thanks for the honest reply. Once I hit 10 posts, I'll make a thread for a $300 un-fired CZ 75D PCR.
    Awesome .. I dont like decocker but for $300 I will be first or second in line. However .. You may want to consider more like $550 which is more inline with the gun.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.. Just trying to be helpful. I sell holsters .... lots of em. Most of the people that get one of my holsters write me and tell me I dont charge enough. Well .. maybe not but I would rather have greenbacks in my pocket than product on a shelf. No sense being vain and saying I sell $150.00 holsters and sell 3 every 6 months when I can charge 65/75 and sell as many as I can/want to make.

I see ads on backpage for months. If you dont need/want the money put it up for some ridiculous fee and then you can look at your ad and show it to friends and loved ones and say ... isnt that a fine looking ad ... but its not as satisfying as having money for a new toy.
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:54:45 am by Alex »

gottesKind

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 10:34:32 am »
    NO feelings hurt. Im just looking to get back to my home state asap to visit an ailing Grandmother, which is why I'll ask for such a low price. I would not be so worried/hasty if her health didnt decline as quickly as it did in just over 2 weeks. A shame too because I have been waiting for years for a CZ. BUt wow $550 huh? Thats only -$50 from total spent on it.

Alex

• Contributor
    « Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 10:42:46 am »
    My very very sincere condolences!! I am in my fifties and just lost my grandmother about a year ago and it really hit me hard. She was my biggest supporter and fan and she meant the world to me.

$550 for a lnib PCR is very very achievable. It might sit a little bit if you are only selling locally but it will sell no doubt. Not a stretch at all.

If you really need to let it go quick go no less than $500.00 At $500 a CZ fanboy will jump all over it as that is a super bargain. They dont even have any in stock at buds. If I didnt already have a compact I would be looking at it hard. I love me some CZ!
    Good Luck with your sale!!
    Alex
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:45:11 am by Alex »

gottesKind

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 10:53:53 am »
    Thank you. Time to become a "movie star"! lol

Yung.gunr

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 08:15:12 pm »
    The most comical thing about it is how much of a buyers market guns are now. Trump came in and prices and demand dropped almost overnight. Right before the election they probably could have gotten full MSRP for a used gun. Not any more..
    Insert witty Pro Second Amendment comment here.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement