Username: Password:

Author Topic: Couple of Forged Knives.  (Read 299 times)

Alex

Couple of Forged Knives.
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:15:51 pm »
I have a thing for knives that get rusty and I especially like em if they have maker forge marks. but .. I need a few more parts for my motorcycle project and I dont want to use bank money so some toys out some toys in.

First one is 9 1/8" OAL with approx 4 1/4" blade and is 4.3mm thick. I have had it a while and don't remember all the details but I think this one was 52100 and let me tell you .. it is a laser beam. It has a convex edge and I have stropped it a bunch but never took it to stones. It came blistering sharp and except for testing it on some leather and an overripe tomato it has sat on my dresser. It is possibly one of the sickest sharp edges I have owned. The handle is maple and I applied several coats of tung oil. Unfortunately it didnt come with a sheath and I intended to make one and never got around to it so it is sheathless. If you want a sheath I can make a simple pouch style in any of 6 or so different colors for an additional 20 bucks. Nothing fancy .. Good quality single color pouch sheath... ok maybe a contrasting thread .. only because I hate making plain things!

$70.00 plus shipping .... + sheath if you want one from me.

The gun in the pic is not for sale

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:29:11 pm by Alex »

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
Re: Couple of Forged Knives.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:00:43 pm »
Do you recall who made the first one?    :hmm
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Robert A. Heinlein ,  Friday

Alex

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 10:38:04 pm »
I dont. He was just starting out and i took a shot. wonderful knife though.

The second knife is gone
Alex

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 11:01:01 pm »
Well, if I hadn't just dropped a chunk of change over at Transfer Tactical I would be buyer, but its going to have to wait a bit for now.   Nice looking knife though - somebody will take it of your hands.   :yes
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Alex

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 11:28:46 pm »
It is a sweetheart and I may change my mind. I like supporting new guys that forge. Better pricing and being a guy who sells his handicraft I just like the idea of helping someone get a following. This knife I am proud to say was one of my bargain super finds.

I used to collect/acquire hand made knives and the minimum buy in was around $250-300 and this is at least up there in quality at 1/3 the price. But I have about 5 or 6 knives right now .. I dont know .. they must reproduce by themselves in my drawer!! :-P

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 08:38:19 pm »
Yup.  I got the same problem, brother.   ;-)

Alex

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 10:48:35 am »
Just a bump

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 10:59:47 am »
Actually, I'm surprised its still around.    :blink

Alex

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 06:49:00 am »
Actually, I'm surprised its still around.    :blink

I must be a spoiled man because I forgot it was still around until you asked me about the other one! Figured I would give it one more shot. It really is a super knife and if you can manage a convex edge this sucker will make someone very happy.