Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hikers Spot Mountain Lion on Trail Above Them and Decide Not to Proceed  (Read 1770 times)

428CJ

• Contributor
Hikers filming in Sequoia National Park suddenly spot a mountain lion and decide to slowly back away.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/895302796542717952
Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Well, of course they were in the great state of California so hiking while armed was an unlikely proposition at best.   :facepalm
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    Well, of course they were in the great state of California so hiking while armed was an unlikely proposition at best.   :facepalm
    Yep! Good ole C.A. .... Communist America

Well to be fair they could have used their CA "legal" 2.5 inch knife against that mountain lion...I mean it could inflict a nasty fur/flesh wound...just saying.

:facepalm:

Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

Alex

• Contributor
    Read a news article recently ... I think it was Connecticut .. A whole town was freaked out because they were visited by a coyote. The elected officials were wringing their hands wondering what to do.

Jeez .. who here that doesnt live in phoenix city proper hasnt seen coyotes?! Usually they run off once they see me but a stamp of my foot and a "HEY" and they always go running off. I still get visits now and again right here in East Mesa. Guess no one told them its a retirement community and they arent supposed to bother us.

I am pretty close to Usery and tanto .. go hiking early any day and you are bound to run into coyote .. dont know that I would crap myself if it were a Mountain lion. Those crazy ass bees scare me more .. they aint got no sense.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:40:04 pm by Alex »

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Well, they are Californians .  .  .   :facepalm
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
    • Administrator
    Read a news article recently ... I think it was Connecticut .. A whole town was freaked out because they were visited by a coyote. The elected officials were wringing their hands wondering what to do.

Jeez .. who here that doesnt live in phoenix city proper hasnt seen coyotes?! Usually they run off once they see me but a stamp of my foot and a "HEY" and they always go running off. I still get visits now and again right here in East Mesa. Guess no one told them its a retirement community and they arent supposed to bother us.

I am pretty close to Usery and tanto .. go hiking early any day and you are bound to run into coyote .. dont know that I would crap myself if it were a Mountain lion. Those crazy ass bees scare me more .. they aint got no sense.

One coyote?  It's not unusual for me to see four or five in my driveway. The pack hasn't been around for awhile.
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

RetroG

• Contributor
    I remember a couple of years back that the city of Chicago was all a twitter about a coyote someone saw in broad daylight. 

I hear them every night where I live up in Cave Creek, and see some at least once a week, usually crossing the road while I'm driving at night.

I've seen just about every critter that lives in the wild around here.  I think it is cool as all get out.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    Yep Cave Creek has all types of critters. The only two I haven't seen personally are: mountain lions (which have been sighted) and black bears (which I don't think anyone's seen at lower elevations in quite some time) around here. ;)
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement