Username: Password:

Author Topic: Glock 19 or 17  (Read 986 times)

Alex

Re: Glock 19 or 17
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2017, 10:40:18 am »
Nice.  Who's knife is that?

That is from Ronin Blades and is 9.5" OAL and made of 52100 .. maybe my favorite steel ever. It is stupid sharp. Maybe just a half stop less sharp than the one I posted a bit back in the classifieds but a bit more stropping and I have no doubt I can get it there. Its called the Green hornet and I just love the sculpted spine! It handles food prep like a laser beam but havent tried it outdoors. I am designing a SICK carved sheath to go with it.

https://www.theroninedge.com/collections/ronin-blades-custom-cutlery-knives

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoninEdge

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:45:59 am by Alex »

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 10:41:09 am »
 :thumbup  Pics or it didn't happen .  .  .   ;-)    Are you interested in doing a one off custom sheath for a knife I have that needs one? 
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Robert A. Heinlein ,  Friday

Alex

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 10:43:59 am »
:thumbup  Pics or it didn't happen .  .  .   ;-)    Are you interested in doing a one off custom sheath for a knife I have that needs one?

Sure ... shoot me an email or PM with your details! I love doing sheaths and dont get to do enough of them!

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2017, 10:46:08 am »
 :thumbup  Will do. 
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Robert A. Heinlein ,  Friday

Alex

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2017, 12:42:27 pm »
Ok went out for the second time with my new glock and it was still pretty damn nifty. I switched my grip a touch to try something and it didnt work but when I went back to my tried and true it was 2-3 inch groups at 21 feet consistently.

I am not particularly recoil averse but I did read that glock did something with the recoil spring to make felt recoil less and whatever it is the gun has VERY little recoil. Its a nine so they arent blazers anyway but wow its a soft shooter.

My wife sent about 30 rounds down range and commented as well on how light the recoil was but the grip put her trigger finger a bit far from the optimum spot on the trigger so she didnt shoot it as well as her CZ Clone. I dont have any back straps on the glock but it is a fairly largish grip from front to back.

car-ram-rod was right when he guessed that I had changed my focus from my front sight to the target on my last outing because I did it once today on a silhouette target. I lost focus and my eye went to the target and it opened up. It is amazing but the one color targets give me fits. Hopefully I will never be attacked by a completely orange person dressed in orange.

Good news was that after about 150 rds today I hung a new reduced silhouette target and sent it out to the end of the range which I believe is 25 yds and put my last 15 rounds into the head. No misses. Nothing in the white. Wasnt exactly hole in hole at that distance but all in the head. I would say about a 5 - 5.5 in group.

Gun is a keeper!
Alex

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2017, 01:08:43 pm »
Good news, thanks for the write up Alex. If I'm ever looking for another Glock 9mm pistols? The G19 is at the top of the list.