Username: Password:

Author Topic: Benefits of Shooting with Your Off Hand  (Read 1201 times)

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Hawker800

Re: Benefits of Shooting with Your Off Hand
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 07:20:32 pm »
    Thanks, good read.

azqkr

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:59:07 pm »
    Welcome

1969gto

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 09:17:33 am »
    When I used to train with certain people, we would tie our shooting hand to the back middle belt loop and practice shooting and running. having it tied off is a really good feeling that it is no longer in operation.

AlienLoveDoll

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 05:25:34 pm »
    good read. you never know when your dominant hand will be unavailable and you have to keep defending yourself.  I try to remember to shoot a little off hand hand each time I go out.  except for with my x95.  not pleasant at all.  because I'm left eye dominant right handed I'm thinking about switching to off hand full time to keep both eyes fully open.

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 03:12:45 am »
    Been left eye/right hand my whole life and it doesn't stop me from shooting right handed.
    Find a handgun that works well for you both hands if you can - I've handled a few that were great in one but not the other. The P-10S makes shooting at 20 yards off hand easy.

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 05:56:44 am »
    Was RE/RH then I had lasik eye surgery that corrected me to 20/15 vision.  During the healing process over the next year I became LE/RH.  Then gradually over a few years I shifted back to RE/RH Dominant.  It was hard to shoot during that time because I had to retrain myself on which eye to use each trip to the range.

That was 5+ years ago and now I'm starting to need cheaters for the tiny fine work up close.  Distance vision is still great.  I can see individual leaves on trees way off in the distance - even needles on saguaros but not as far as trees.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

CMore

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 09:43:08 am »
    Very good read,  I will have to start working more on my weak side.  This makes good sense.

When I was younger I shot a lot of pool and decided to practice left handed so I would not have to stretch on those awkward shots. I started shooting very well LH so, I often would shoot a game between my LH and RH.  I got just as good either way so I started using it when hustling pool to give my opponent more confidence to bet more money... lol   

K1CJM

Sabertooth

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 06:45:44 pm »
    Yeah working both side is beneficial in many situations. It also helps create new neurological pathways. I usually practice playing soccer with my non dominant foot and I feel like when I switch back to my dominant, it improves my skills a lot better. The same can apply to shooting.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement