Username: Password:

Author Topic: 1 week only Knife sharpening  (Read 2086 times)

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
1 week only Knife sharpening
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:36:56 pm »
I need a little extra cash above and beyond what my fixed disability check can provide, so starting tomorrow (1/13/2018) and going until next Saturday, I'm offering to sharpen any non serrated knives (other than karambits) including pocket, hunting, kitchen, etc. For $20/5 blades, $30/10. It takes me about 20 minutes to do 5 blades to shave sharp most of the time.
I can also repair axe/hatchet edges and bring them to a shave sharp edge as well for $5/axe.
I'll do 1 piece fixed blade broadheads (2 or 3 blade) for $5 each. They will glide through the toughest hide once I sharpen them. Broadheads need to be dropped off overnight for sharpening.
I'm in Chandler near Warner and Almaschool rds, and sharpen during all daylight hours (artificial light makes sharpening difficult) but will accept drop offs and pick ups at any time 24/7 with a heads up. (told ya I needed the cash..lol)
Message me for my #

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:21:28 pm by steve2md »
Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    Re: 1 week only Knife sharpening
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 10:02:25 pm »

:)
    « Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:42:06 am by FreeInAZ »
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:18:56 pm »
    Just trying to help here, you may want to post your "general area" and hours of operation for drop off and pick up.

:)
    Thanks, will update
    Heat it till it's hot, then beat it with a hammer until it's the shape you want.    Blacksmith's advice that works for pretty much everything in life

870policemag

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:43:45 pm »
    Thanks for the offer, Steve. If I can swing it, I have a early model Benchmade that needs an edge.
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

www.mesapawn.net

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 10:49:40 pm »
    Thanks for the offer, Steve. If I can swing it, I have a early model Benchmade that needs an edge.
    Cool. I'll do single knives for $5 ea. It's definitely a better deal if you bring me your kitchen knives and pocket knives as well though.....lol

thom

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 02:07:51 pm »
    What are you using to sharpen them with?
    Finally Retired
    AZCDL Life Member
    GOA
    NRA Life Member
    A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

steve2md

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 10:36:33 pm »
    What are you using to sharpen them with?
    I sharpen on a worn 220 grit slack belt on a 2x72 knife grinder, followed by stropping on a 1x30 leather slack belt. All edges are convex, mirror polished, and shave sharp. I can do straight razors and broadheads, but those are done on stones up to 10,000 grit with a different process.  My method gets blades razor sharp, with a long lasting edge (unless it's horrible steel to begin with). Under a microscope, it is a micro serrated edge.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement