Username: Password:

Author Topic: Any reloading clubs in the area?  (Read 1205 times)

spalit007

Any reloading clubs in the area?
« on: November 09, 2018, 10:42:14 am »
was curious if there are any reloading clubs in the Phoenix valley area, where people get together to do bulk buys, share powder/components, maybe even tools and gear.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

anm2_man

• Contributor
    Re: Any reloading clubs in the area?
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 12:33:36 pm »
    was curious if there are any reloading clubs in the Phoenix valley area, where people get together to do bulk buys, share powder/components, maybe even tools and gear.

Never heard of a club.  I a guy back east that I know holds reloading classes on site, there are a couple guys around here that do mentoring, but no Clubs. 

Do you know of some in other locations ?

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

spalit007

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:42:29 pm »
    Never heard of a club.  I a guy back east that I know holds reloading classes on site, there are a couple guys around here that do mentoring, but no Clubs. 

Not really, no. I just thought it would be a neat idea. I shoot out of PRGC, so I might stick a flyer up there to see if there is any interest. I also have sealed bottles of powder for calibers I no longer own, so looking to basically give them away to put to better use than sitting on my shelf

Arizonagunsmith

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 04:51:31 pm »
    What types of powder as I am looking for some for my Cowboy 45 loads.

Jon

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 05:39:57 pm »
    Actually some sort of reloading CO-OP arrangement makes a lot of sense in terms of volume buying discounts and keeping shipping costs to the absolute minimum.   :hmm   
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

patkelly4370

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 09:08:25 pm »

There are several in CA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 06:04:28 am »
    Actually some sort of reloading CO-OP arrangement makes a lot of sense in terms of volume buying discounts and keeping shipping costs to the absolute minimum.   :hmm

Those are called "Group Buys".  There has been many of those over the years.  But its not really a club.  Somebody needs to do the research, find the best prices and then post the deal here or any where else.  Those that want to buy in order what they need from the group buyer, he/she then places the order and accepts it, informs all of the buyers and meet to distribute the goods.   Simple  :hmm
    "Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

spalit007

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 08:59:00 am »
    What types of powder as I am looking for some for my Cowboy 45 loads.

Jon

I have 2 1# jars of Trail Boss that will probably fit your bill

GrabYourGat

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 01:30:42 am »
    Not really, no. I just thought it would be a neat idea. I shoot out of PRGC, so I might stick a flyer up there to see if there is any interest. I also have sealed bottles of powder for calibers I no longer own, so looking to basically give them away to put to better use than sitting on my shelf

How much powder total are you looking to get rid of?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement