Username: Password:

Author Topic: Engraving  (Read 2227 times)

pscipio03

Engraving
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:02:41 am »
Wrapping up a couple SBR builds and paperwork from Uncle Sammie should be back soon.
Any recommendations for places to get engraving in the north Scottsdale area (live in Desert Ridge)? Called Leaches, but they require you stay there while doing the work, as I'm assuming they don't have a FFL. Which I'm fine with if my schedule will allow when they make the appointment. If not, I would like a place I can drop off to get done and pick up later.
Thanks.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

PogoJack

• Contributor
    • ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    Re: Engraving
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 10:14:39 am »
    Hey congrats on the build!

Someone recommended We plead the 2nd in Tempe https://wepleadthe2nd.com/. I did some engraving work with Altered Industries when they were in Gilbert, they are in Tempe now http://alteredind.com/ They were a small shop but they did things quickly and reasonably.

I am sure someone will come by and recommend something closer to you but just in case, there's the two above.

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 10:15:47 am »
    Can't speak to a gunsmith in North Scottsdale but I've used Wright Armory in Mesa with great success.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

pscipio03

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 11:14:29 am »
    Appreciate the names and will check with them.

SBRs and cans are certainly an addiction. Won't say how many I've built over the years as it's embarrassing how much I've spent on stamps and God forbid my posts be called into question if I ever get divorced.

ynotaz

• Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 12:05:18 pm »
    Molon Labe off of 101 & Bell road.  That's a short trip from you.  They have an FFL or you can wait.

http://www.molonlabe.com/ 

Tell them I sent you and they will charge you extra.   :rotfl :rotfl
    “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.

It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

pscipio03

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 01:08:09 pm »
    Not only charge me more, but misspell my name, right?

pscipio03

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 03:18:33 pm »
    Couldn't get ahold of Molon Labe LLC- either through phone, email or Facebook. Phone goes automatically to VM and never got a call back.
    However, Leach's did call to set up an appt. Just have to be there when they do the engraving.
    When I lived in Michigan and built all my other SBRs, Veritas did my engraving and they set the bar pretty high. Here's on SBR that I had engraved by them and hoping Leach's is close to this quality.

Super Trucker

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 07:30:05 pm »
    Couldn't get ahold of Molon Labe LLC- either through phone, email or Facebook. Phone goes automatically to VM and never got a call back.
    However, Leach's did call to set up an appt. Just have to be there when they do the engraving.
    When I lived in Michigan and built all my other SBRs, Veritas did my engraving and they set the bar pretty high. Here's on SBR that I had engraved by them and hoping Leach's is close to this quality.

Send them to Phil since you are similar with his work. He did all of mine as well.

pscipio03

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 08:55:19 pm »
    Send them to Phil since you are similar with his work. He did all of mine as well.
    I would actually, but the cost of sending two receivers to him next day air (Per FedEx and UPS) would be almost triple of just dropping it local. Was different when I lived close to Phil's shop and could just drive over. Now, sending the registered part of a firearm is probably just as expensive as having the engraving itself done.

Super Trucker

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 08:14:47 pm »
    I would actually, but the cost of sending two receivers to him next day air (Per FedEx and UPS) would be almost triple of just dropping it local. Was different when I lived close to Phil's shop and could just drive over. Now, sending the registered part of a firearm is probably just as expensive as having the engraving itself done.

I would send them USPS priority insured for X dollars (since they are not handguns, according to a 4473). That's just me though.
    I was just thinking as a convenience thing since you were concerned with time and waiting and since you were already familir with his work is all, it will add a few bucks to the cost though. Have to weigh the extra few bucks vs convienience.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement