Username: Password:

Author Topic: Newest SBR  (Read 3716 times)

pscipio03

Newest SBR
« on: February 07, 2019, 07:39:10 pm »
Out of NFA jail

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

870policemag

Re: Newest SBR
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:14:58 pm »
    That's wicked. :thumbup
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

www.mesapawn.net

delta6

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:40:01 pm »
    Real nice :thumbup

DuneShoot

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 05:06:40 am »
     :thumbup :woot

Sparky.0

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 07:13:55 am »
    Outstanding B, there are enough tax stamps hanging off of that one to pay for a nice pistol... :-)

pscipio03

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 07:43:22 am »
    Outstanding B, there are enough tax stamps hanging off of that one to pay for a nice pistol... :-)
    Eh, just two on this one.
    Now the day I win the lottery, my Mk18 will get a third pin hole drilled in it.
    By then, yeah, a decent pistol could be purchased.
    Good thing is that if I take the Sig out of state, it’s just a matter of swapping the stock for the arm brace and dropping the foregrip. Take maybe 2 minutes.
    It is fun to shoot and really accurate with handloaded subs.

Bravoalphafirearms

• bravoalphafirearms
    « Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:50:04 pm »
    Looks great! I'm working on my cz scopion right now. Love the 9mm platforms.
    Bravo Alpha Firearms
    Gilbert Az
    Don - 480-225-9299

Full Auto

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 02:34:33 am »
    You might want to check on the rules in regards to changing an SBR into a pistol. My understanding is once a rifle, always a rifle. You can get a dedicated pistol lower and put the upper on that, but putting a brace on a rifle does not make it a pistol in the eyes of the NFA. I could be wrong, but please make sure before you do it.

thom

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 03:36:04 pm »
    You might want to check on the rules in regards to changing an SBR into a pistol. My understanding is once a rifle, always a rifle. You can get a dedicated pistol lower and put the upper on that, but putting a brace on a rifle does not make it a pistol in the eyes of the NFA. I could be wrong, but please make sure before you do it.

It would be a terrible thing to lose that rifle to the NFA because you put a brace on it.  That barrel sure is long.

Thom
    Finally Retired
    AZCDL Life Member
    GOA
    NRA Life Member
    A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

pscipio03

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 09:53:05 pm »
    It's a good point, and one I've already run through the ATF with.
    It's a matter of just giving them written notification.
    Where you run into hot water is when it starts out a rifle, then you try to turn it into a pistol. Remember, this started out as a pistol.
    My SBR's that I built from a lower only I could NOT do that with. Because the lower started out blank, then I turned it into a rifle. At that point, you are correct, no bueno putting a shorter barrel and a brace on.

All that said, if you've ever dealt with the ATF, you know that they leave rules somewhat nebulous so that they can sorta make crap up as they go along. Ask 4 different ATF agents the same question, and you'll get 5 different answers. 

Bob.Dole12

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2019, 08:32:37 pm »
     :-)

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement