Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ammo Shipping  (Read 386 times)

GeorgeandSugar

Ammo Shipping
« on: May 27, 2020, 05:29:52 am »
Relocating to AZ. Arriving in the next month. I have ammo to transport. I am thinking about the temperatures this time of year in AZ and creating a hazardous condition.

My first thought was to transport in my truck. It will be heavy. I am going transport my powder and primers.

The second thought is to ship (Upack freight) with our personal belongings and store ammo in climate control storage or keep with me in our temporary lodging. Max time from pickup, transport and storage is 5-7 days.

What do you think? Advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

RJ

Re: Ammo Shipping
    « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 05:31:41 am »
    Zillions of rounds stored in containers, garages, out door sheds all over arizona for decades, probably centuries, with no issues

cool arrow

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 05:50:31 am »
    Zillions of rounds stored in containers, garages, out door sheds all over arizona for decades, probably centuries, with no issues

^^^ this.  :thumbup

If I could carry a full pack out in 130deg heat for days on end in the ME, yours will be fine in AZ.

Marx-ism's

• Sr. Contributor
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 10:13:38 am »
    My guess is that somewhere here in the Arizona desert are 140+ year old buried firearms, still loaded.  And if those old firearms had been protected from the elements, I would not be surprised if the ammo loaded in them was still capable of going bang.

In order for rounds to cook off I'm thinking that the temperature is gonna have to get a whole lot hotter than it typically gets here in the desert.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Ballistic Therapy

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 12:23:05 pm »
    If I remember right , gunpowder ignites around 800 degrees or so.
    I doubt keeping it in a car will make it go off.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement