Username: Password:

Author Topic: Opinions on Tucson Rifle Club vs. Pima Pistol Club  (Read 1047 times)

79C

• Mountain Hiker
Opinions on Tucson Rifle Club vs. Pima Pistol Club
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:07:30 pm »
Looking for a good outdoor range for pistol and rifle shooting and community with like minded pro 2A people in the Tucson area. Any opinions on TRC or PPC would be much appreciated 👍🏻

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Rusty Young Man

• Open Carry advocate
    • "A Right unexercised is a Right lost."
    Re: Opinions on Tucson Rifle Club vs. Pima Pistol Club
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 02:55:44 pm »
    Looking for a good outdoor range for pistol and rifle shooting and community with like minded pro 2A people in the Tucson area. Any opinions on TRC or PPC would be much appreciated 👍🏻

Can't comment on PPC since I have yet to visit that range.

TRC is a pretty big range with plenty of bays and little to no wait times to use said bays (busier after Christmas and on weekends). Friendly folks who volunteer their time, but no real Range Safety Officers to speak of (read: keep an eye on others at the range because there may be an idiot in their midst who thinks the rules of gun safety are just suggestions).

They sell targets, water, and have target stands for your use, including the loaner staple guns. Shade covers and shooting benches there, too.

Only real gripe is the long drive.
    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.”-- Frederic Bastiat

I carry for self defense, desensitizing, and educating. In that order.

GavenAZ

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 04:01:59 pm »
    I spend a lot of my time at Southeast regional park shooting range. I've seen the ROs really rip into people not following the rules, Which I like. It keeps everyone safe.
    It's over by the Tucson fairgrounds and accommodates pistol shooting well.
    They have an big shade the entire range line and they provide target stands.
    “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
    ― Mark Twain

desertrat

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 07:17:40 pm »
    Both are good ranges, all have some idiots there once in a while.
    TRC is a bit far, but have a selections of ranges, membership gets you some additional ranges that are not open to the rest. They have installed lights to help identify when the range is hot or not. That way you don't necessarily need to yell as much. Check out the website for the different ranges and matches. I have not shot any of their matches yet.

PPC has fewer ranges and is a bit closer. They have installed cameras to help keep an eye on you. I have only been there during matches, the matches are good.
     I have not been out to the SE range yet.

I don't recall prices for use or memberships.

Hope that helps.

79C

• Mountain Hiker
    « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 01:09:20 pm »
    Thanks much for the helpful responses 👍🏻 I plan on visiting both within the next couple of weeks. I shoot allot at the PC Fairgrounds but am looking for more of a group or community that share my interests. Thanks again !

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement