Username: Password:

Author Topic: Can We Talk About Cargo Pants?  (Read 2370 times)

thom

Re: Can We Talk About Cargo Pants?
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2020, 06:12:55 pm »
Candy bars.
Finally Retired
AZCDL Life Member
GOA
NRA Life Member
A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #26 on: May 19, 2020, 08:09:23 pm »
    Candy bars.

Skittles would do well there.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #27 on: May 19, 2020, 08:40:00 pm »
    Yeah but they rattle together when you move so you can't sneak around worth a damn.  M&Ms do the same thing.  Gummy bears are pretty quiet but you better keep 'em in a baggie .  .  .    :yes
    "I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said."     William F. Buckley, Jr.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #28 on: May 20, 2020, 06:21:56 am »
    Cargo Pants in the "Winter" or Shorts in the Summer is the only way I'll roll. I carry too much stuff with me on a daily basis to ware anything else.  :thumbup
    I have one pair of cargo pants for the cool months & some painters Jean's with extra pockets. I see nothing wrong with them but I tend to carry lots of gear besides the usual: keys - phone -wallet most folks carry. I'm a firm believer in redundancy ie one = none, two = one, three = two etc...I call it my poor man's workout routine as I carry 10 to 12 pounds of gear daily.  To me it's like fire insurance, yes it's expensive to carry lots of it, but I've never heard anyone who's house just burned down say "damn it! I wish I had less insurance, we can always live under a freeway overpass..."

PogoJack

• ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    « Reply #29 on: May 20, 2020, 06:33:59 am »
    I have one pair of cargo pants for the cool months & some painters Jean's with extra pockets. I see nothing wrong with them but I tend to carry lots of gear besides the usual: keys - phone -wallet most folks carry. I'm a firm believer in redundancy ie one = none, two = one, three = two etc...I call it my poor man's workout routine as I carry 10 to 12 pounds of gear daily.  To me it's like fire insurance, yes it's expensive to carry lots of it, but I've never heard anyone who's house just burned down say "damn it! I wish I had less insurance, we can always live under a freeway overpass..."
    So nice to see you here again!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Pwc

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2020, 07:37:26 am »
    Last time wore "cargo" pants they were camo or GI green.  Had an MRE in one, map and light sticks in other.  50 lb ruck had poncho liner, poncho, radio batts, canteen on each side, xtra smoke, .....

h8pvmnt

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2020, 10:18:32 am »
    I wear shorts year round, and my favorite by far is Duluth Trading Company's Fire Hose shorts. Deep pockets, heavy construction, and different inseams available. Their long pants are the same thing. Expensive, but one pair will outlast five Wranglers.

I second the Duluth Trading shorts and pants.  i like the fire hose flex version all i wear all year long. I carry too much stuff but i need it all. I wish i could just wear a pair of wranglers but it does not work for me. I added a streamlight stylus pro to my kit a few years ago and i can't live without it either. The worse my eyes got the more i need the flashlight. 

fr3db3ar

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2020, 05:54:19 pm »
    I'm assuming the fire hose are helpful for cacti but how are they on the heat?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

AZ Husker

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2020, 06:09:22 pm »
    They are thick, but not like a fire hose. I only wear their shorts year round, but don't notice them any hotter than jeans.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #35 on: May 21, 2020, 10:21:11 pm »
    So nice to see you here again!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thanks PogoJack!  :thumbup

Unpleasant

• Black on ammo due to celebratory fire.
    « Reply #36 on: May 21, 2020, 11:20:50 pm »
    LA Police Gear makes some decent BDU style ones. They are inexpensive and are made of rip-stop material.

CMore

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2020, 12:47:43 pm »
    I wear he Wrangler Ranger rip stop cargo pants they are lose fit and the pockets work well for me the they seem to wear real well and are affordable too.

https://www.wrangler.com/shop/wrangler-riggs-workwear-ripstop-ranger-cargo-pant-3W060.html?dwvar_3W060_color=3W060BR

K1CJM

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #38 on: May 22, 2020, 08:03:47 pm »
    LA Police Gear makes some decent BDU style ones. They are inexpensive and are made of rip-stop material.

I like LAPG and CQB.  Wrangler is nice too.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

fr3db3ar

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2020, 04:47:02 am »
    I had to look online......and just like my shoes......what is available in my size.  Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement