Username: Password:

Author Topic: Get Home Bag  (Read 3343 times)

JT

Re: Get Home Bag
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 03:00:12 pm »
Instead of TP get the sealed single use anti bacterial wipes. Light, cheap and work for more than TP. Another item is alcohol wipes. Can be used to clean a cut or as a fire starter. Keep moleskin and medicated foot powder along with spare socks. Your feet go out and you are not going anywhere. Light nylon rain poncho. Multiple uses and great for shade. Shemagh isnt a bad idea either. Along with a life straw I keep a couple of single wall stainless steel water bottles. In a pinch you can boil water in them. I also keep a few gallons of water in the cars at all times. In the heat food is a problem. Raisins and peanuts do a good job of keeping you going. Other good items are peanut butter and jerky or beef sticks.
When I was in cold country I kept a blizzard kit. Did not have to worry about carrying it.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

armoredman

• Contributor
    Re: Get Home Bag
    « Reply #26 on: October 09, 2020, 02:29:40 pm »
    I stripped down an old BOB to make a better GHB, but after I finally got it all together I noticed it is ripped along the top...I have one just like it I will put the same stuff in this next weekend.  I have water storage on the bag, plus a canteen, but a lot of plastic containers don't last well in summer heat in the car. I also use those Coast Guard emergency rations, last for years, heat insensitive, taste like coconut cookies, should keep me alive during the trek. I also included a LifeStraw. When i was pulling stuff out of the old BOB I kept laughing and wondering what i was thinking of...inflatable pillow? :wtf :facepalm

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement