Username: Password:

Author Topic: Plenty of reloading supplies available.  (Read 1214 times)

Clifffalling

Re: Plenty of reloading supplies available.
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2020, 06:12:17 am »
Yeah, i got email alerts from midsouth, everglades, and midway in the last few days that 223 bullets are in stock.  Appears that prices are unchanged.
Flagtaff: Poverty with a view.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

JT

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2020, 11:17:17 am »
    I was given a box of 50 old obviously hand loaded 357 magnum. I dont trust ammo of unknown origin and here is why. I took 3 apart and found 165 grain round nose lead bullets and 3.8 grains of some flake powder. Primers were mixed large and small. I started weighing the rounds and found a 12 grain difference between high and low. That could easily indicate a double or triple charge. No way would I fire any of this ammo. I will probably salvage the lead. A drop of oil will kill the primers so I can safely remove them. I will have to see if the cases will clean up but no telling how many times they have been fired. At least the plastic box was in good shape.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #27 on: May 13, 2020, 07:51:07 pm »
    Thanks for posting this.  Its good advice for all of us but particularly new shooters who may not have the experience to realize the potential danger in attempting to fire such loads.   Sometimes stuff looks pretty good and folks just figure they'll try it without taking the precautions you did.   You done good, brother.   :thumbup
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement