Username: Password:

Author Topic: Renewal of expired CCW?  (Read 408 times)

Brlux

Renewal of expired CCW?
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:52:39 am »
Hi I have a few friends with expired CCW permits, was curious what is needed for renewing a permit that is past the 60 day grace period? For instance one friend is 17 months past expiration. Does this require going through a whole new class and shooting qualification?

Thanks

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Marx-ism's

• Sr. Contributor
    • Why a duck?
    Re: Renewal of expired CCW?
    « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 12:41:50 pm »
    I think they have to take a complete CCW class and submit a new application after the grace period ends.

https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Unpleasant

• Black on ammo due to celebratory fire.
    « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 03:32:31 pm »
    I let mine lapse last summer as well, and DPS said I needed to go back in and take the class. Look around though because there are some local places that are charging like $40 for the entire "class". I'd just call ahead and see if they are actually going to be doing prints at the class, because getting printed at DPS is probably not likely with this social distancing stuff going on.

Clifffalling

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 04:33:48 pm »
    I just went to the one at sportsmans... was like 75$, but the fingerprints were 10$ each additional.  They did give me a $20 coupon off of at least $100 purchase. (Which ain't hard)  I mainly went there cause it was easy.
    The ccw folks at dps have been pretty friendly when i had questions about the process. They have an email function
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:35:49 pm by Clifffalling »
    Flagtaff: Poverty with a view.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement