Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shipping question  (Read 555 times)

Brian10x

Shipping question
« on: March 29, 2020, 06:54:29 pm »
Its been a few years since I've sold a gun on GunBroker, but , with retirement looming, its time to reduce inventory.

I was wondering if I'm missing any tricks or tips here.

As a private citizen, I know I'm required to ship handguns overnight through both major carriers. This can be extremely expensive, and not many bidders will want to spend around $100 or so to ship to their FFL.

My local FFL is not really interested in shipping for me, even for a fee.

Are there any alternatives that I'm missing?

Thanks!
Brian-in Arizona FWIW.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Sparky.0

Re: Shipping question
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 07:11:41 pm »
    Find another FFL. What part of town are you located?

I have heard of other folks using this service:

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/

Personally I have not used their services. I have a most excellent transfer FFL in the west valley...
    « Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:14:34 pm by Sparky.0 »

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 07:43:40 pm »
    Or sell them here and meet new and interesting people face to face.
    No shipping and sometimes you can trade stories over a beer if you play your cards right.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

monster

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 07:48:52 pm »
    Hey Brian10x

I am a FFL in Mesa and don’t mind helping you out if I’m not too far from you. You can call or text
    Me at 4808495100.

Brian10x

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 08:15:32 pm »
    Thanks for the replies. I'm in Tucson, so maybe not Mesa, but I appreciate it. Once I get a few more posts under my belt, they will let me post guns for sale. I've already got 4 guns posted on the 2 other Arizona sites. One I sold, one I changed my mind, the third isn't getting much attention for some reason (price?) and the fourth is appealing to a niche market, so it could take some time. between now and retirement, expect to see 70-80 ads.

Whoo hoo!  :woot

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 11:00:41 am »
    I'm sending you a PM with my experiences and thoughts on selling off your collection.  I've been selling down since I retired several years ago so
    for what its worth I'll PM my lengthy saga about it.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

Ballistic Therapy

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 11:56:46 am »
    Brian10x I sent you a message that should help you out with shipping.

AZ Husker

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 12:59:08 pm »
    Time to find a new FFL. Mine charges me his normal $15 transfer fee and whatever the USPS flat rate box and insurance is. Much cheaper than sending it yourself through USPS or Fed Ex.

pscipio03

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 04:38:04 pm »
    If money isn't the reason you're selling (no idea of your financial situation with retirement), why not hold on and pass them down to the next generation and get them into the shooting sports?
    If that's not an option, I agree with what the others are saying about finding a new FFL. Buds has a FFL search that does a pretty good job of showing you the FFLs near you.

That said, I've got a couple buddies who own bigger shops in other states and both have run into FFLs not accepting their shipments because of the COVID scare. Hard to believe, but it's happening.
    Is that the case with your FFL not wanting to ship out?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement