Username: Password:

Author Topic: Aimpoint question  (Read 612 times)

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
  • Why a duck?
Aimpoint question
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:42:05 pm »
Recently found a shotty that I kind of like.  Only problem, from my perspective, is that it has an Aimpoint T-2 installed on it, and I really wasn't looking for a shotty with a $900 optic.

As my standard shotgun optic tends to be either a Vortex or Primary Arms red dot, I know little or nothing about the T-2.  I'm going to guess since it's an Aimpoint that it's likely one helluva optic. Anyone with a T-2 who can share any information on it?  And especially someone with an astigmatism who uses the Aimpoint.

If I purchased the combo, how much could I sell a barely used Aimpoint T-2 for? Or am I going to get my hands on it and never want to give it up?

:hmm
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

JT

Re: Aimpoint question
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 08:23:38 am »
    This link will give you an idea of the street price of a new one. Expect considerably less for a used one although in this market it is hard to say. There is a feeding frenzy on guns right now but I dont know if that will carry over to optics. Most of the new buyers would be happy with a TRS25 and not know the difference.
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/aimpoint-micro-t-2-red-dot-sight-200170.html
    I suspect you wont want to give it up.

h8pvmnt

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 09:00:15 am »
    I have a couple of H2 Aimpoints and 1 T2 and they are great red dots. Battery lasts forever it seems. They are robust, lightweight and work as expected. I would think it would be a fine optic on a shotgun. I don't have astigmatism, but i am old with bad eyes. The dot is clear and precise to my eyes.  The new Chinese Holosun and others are copies of the Aimpoint and actually are pretty good except not waterproof and not sure how the longevity is of them. I would buy a shotgun that already had one as i doubt your paying full retail for it. On the used market expect to get 4-500.00 for a used T-2 depending on age, condition and model.

Ballistic Therapy

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 11:54:43 am »
    All my red dots are Aimpoint.
    I wouldn't buy anything else.
    They invented the red dot and have been the leader in the field ever since.
    There are lots of other cheaper red dots out there , but you get what you pay for.
    I agree with the $4-500 on a used one.

This is just my opinion and I am sure I will hear about it.

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 07:19:41 pm »
    Thanks for the insight all!

Unfortunately as the old saying goes, "you snooze you lose".  I reached out to the seller today and learned that someone else swooped in and bought the shotty.   :facepalm

Given how crazy things are right now I should've known better.  Maybe next time.........
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement