Username: Password:

Author Topic: Red Dot question  (Read 782 times)

Royal-1

Red Dot question
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:40:30 pm »
Question why would someone want a 1/3 Co-Witness sight. Sounds like it does not line up with iron sights so why?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

delta6

Re: Red Dot question
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 01:52:18 pm »
    Question why would someone want a 1/3 Co-Witness sight. Sounds like it does not line up with iron sights so why?

You end up with a larger field of view thru your red dot body (especially if you have a fixed front sight). If your BUIS's are sighted in properly, I guess it makes no difference if they co-witnessed are not?

spafxer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 06:57:17 am »
    Battery failure of the red dot, you still have the iron sights visable without removal of the red dot device.

JT

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 07:13:53 am »
    The lower 1/3 co witness is meant for guns with non folding iron sights.  I have to go to lower 1/3 on my KelTec Sub 2K because the sights dont flip. You will still see the red dot on top of the post when you look through the irons but raising your line of vision you will just see the dot with the irons protruding on the bottom. I use flips on my AR's so I like an absolute co witness on them.

Royal-1

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 10:54:14 am »
    Battery failure of the red dot, you still have the iron sights visable without removal of the red dot device.
    With this it would seem like you would still see the iron sights as they would be in the middle of the red dot view vs lower 1/3 of the view.

Royal-1

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 10:56:02 am »
    The lower 1/3 co witness is meant for guns with non folding iron sights.  I have to go to lower 1/3 on my KelTec Sub 2K because the sights dont flip. You will still see the red dot on top of the post when you look through the irons but raising your line of vision you will just see the dot with the irons protruding on the bottom. I use flips on my AR's so I like an absolute co witness on them.
    Thanks, this makes a lot more sense.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement