Username: Password:

Author Topic: pick up a new EDC knife (again)  (Read 336 times)

stonegraham

pick up a new EDC knife (again)
« on: November 06, 2020, 06:27:29 am »
My wife thinks I have a problem, and it could be worse. I picked up another new EDC knife at the little local knife and gun shop tonight. I purchased a Kershaw Dividend last year, and have liked it so much that I bought another one. This one has a composite blade and feels a little lighter than the other one. It also has a different pocket clip, so it sits a little lower in my pocket.

It's a liner lock, with an assisted opening. The blade is made from two steels, CPM D2 (high carbon tool steel) and Bohler N690 (cobalt enriched stainless with a very fine grain).

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Rusty Young Man

• Open Carry advocate
    • "A Right unexercised is a Right lost."
    Re: pick up a new EDC knife (again)
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 01:30:51 pm »
    My wife thinks I have a problem, and it could be worse. I picked up another new EDC knife at the little local knife and gun shop tonight. I purchased a Kershaw Dividend last year, and have liked it so much that I bought another one. This one has a composite blade and feels a little lighter than the other one. It also has a different pocket clip, so it sits a little lower in my pocket.

It's a liner lock, with an assisted opening. The blade is made from two steels, CPM D2 (high carbon tool steel) and Bohler N690 (cobalt enriched stainless with a very fine grain).

Not a problem, just a solution that gets reassessed every time you see a knife design that better suits your needs. :-)
    Ask her how many different pairs of shoes she has. :-P

Seriously though, different knives work better with different clothing options:

Gotta "dress up" and go a bit more discreet? A thinner, lighter, stiletto-type folder in your collection may fit the bill.

Trying to do some cardio or jogging and need something that won't annoy you in those gym shorts? A wider folder with a higher pocket clip doesn't move around as much.

Planning for a zombie apocalypse that could hit while you and yours are on the road? A stout fixed blade with a textured grip may be in order.

Trust me, the wife has shoes, earrings, accessories, etc. that "go" with certain outfits. Our knives, pistols, and holsters are accessories too. :yes
    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.”-- Frederic Bastiat

I carry for self defense, desensitizing, and educating. In that order.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement