Username: Password:

Author Topic: Rio jacked their range fee up  (Read 898 times)

6.5 Gunner

Rio jacked their range fee up
« on: April 30, 2020, 08:47:15 am »
Just a little PSA for those that go to Rio to shoot. Range fee is now $15  :annoyed

I found $10 to be unreasonable, $15 is just a rip off. I genuinely believe it's a covid hike to make money off the glut of new gun owners. 

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Doc Holliday

Re: Rio jacked their range fee up
    « Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 09:27:24 am »
    With Ben Avery being closed, Rio is taking advantage of the situation and gouging customers.

h8pvmnt

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 09:39:15 am »
    I think the non-member fee has been 15.00 for a while. Try going to an indoor range and see how bad you think the 15.00 fee is. Also remember that is not for an hour that's for as long as you want to stay.  You could just get an annual membership for 100.00 and there are no range fees. Its not free to run a major shooting range. 

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 12:16:27 pm »
    Supply and demand - With less places to shoot there's increased demand at Rio.  That means more wear and tear on the facility, more brass to pick up.  More restrooms to clean.

Their range, their prices.  They can make it what ever they want.  They can charge $100/HR if they want.
    Your wallet, your threshold.  You can stop going any time you want.  You can find a place that lets you shoot for $10 a day.

It kills me how Americans are all "Free Market" and "Capitalism Rules!" but as soon as the economy takes off or supply gets scarce they get upset about paying more.  Look I like a good price as much as the next guy but I understand that things rarely cost what they are worth - they cost what someone will give for it.

On the flip side, can you imagine how dangerous the desert is going to be when all of these "new shooters" figure out they can go out off of Table Mesa and other places and shoot without any supervision?  Leaving brass and trigger trash all over the place?  I'd rather pay $15 than be a part of that crowd.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 03:14:27 pm »
    Glad to see you're feeling better.   ;-D
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

RJ

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 03:32:30 pm »
    the sky is falling, oh my, the sky is falling oh my. :facepalm

Whathefff

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 07:17:38 pm »
    Supply and demand - With less places to shoot there's increased demand at Rio.  That means more wear and tear on the facility, more brass to pick up.  More restrooms to clean.

Their range, their prices.  They can make it what ever they want.  They can charge $100/HR if they want.
    Your wallet, your threshold.  You can stop going any time you want.  You can find a place that lets you shoot for $10 a day.

It kills me how Americans are all "Free Market" and "Capitalism Rules!" but as soon as the economy takes off or supply gets scarce they get upset about paying more.  Look I like a good price as much as the next guy but I understand that things rarely cost what they are worth - they cost what someone will give for it.

On the flip side, can you imagine how dangerous the desert is going to be when all of these "new shooters" figure out they can go out off of Table Mesa and other places and shoot without any supervision?  Leaving brass and trigger trash all over the place?  I'd rather pay $15 than be a part of that crowd.

His post his prerogative.  he can complain if he wants. You paid $0 for it.
    Your clicks, your threshold.  You can stop reading any time you want.  You can find a place that lets you read anything you want.

It kills me how Americans are all "Freedom of speech" and "liberty Rules!" but as soon as someone post something you don't like it's all waaa bugers and french cries

On the flip side, can you imagine how dangerous the internet is going to be when all of these "new computer people" figure out they can go on a forum and post what they want with no supervision?  Leaving keyboard warrior trash posts all over the place?  I'd rather pay $15 than be a part of that crowd.

See what I did there? Just having fun with you!

Unpleasant

• Black on ammo due to celebratory fire.
    « Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 07:18:56 pm »
    I'm about 20mins from Ben Avery, but Rio raising their prices like that is kind of a low blow.

I don't even like paying $15 for indoor ranges.

Intel6

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 09:30:22 am »
    Our range down here near SV is $6 (daily range member) for as long as you want and people don't realize how good they got it. $3 if your are Mil/retired Mil or if you join a club.   

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 06:29:37 am »
    It kills me how Americans are all "Freedom of speech" and "liberty Rules!" but as soon as someone post something you don't like it's all waaa bugers and french cries

True, but I didn't say people couldn't say it just that I disagree with the angle.  Let's see what happens when BASF and other facilities open back up.  Competition will either drive them down or the other places will come up a few bucks.  Likely to be no shortage of people looking to shoot for a few months.

See what I did there? Just having fun with you!
    :-P   :pfft  No harm no foul.  I do appreciate the crafty wit involved in bending my words back at me.  Good Poke.  :thumbsup   8)
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

Josh_357

• MAGA
    « Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 12:43:57 pm »
    I feel it's like anything else. We vote with our wallets.

If something is too costly, find an alternative. This is the best side to capitalism. No doubt, on some level they're sticking it to the shooter to make some extra bucks knowing people have more time, maybe there is an increase of shooters now going as well with so many people stuck at home...

On the brightside, hopefully the cost goes into the range maybe for some improvements, repairs needed, expansion, etc. Whatever is needed. Never been to Rio.

I've been to the one in Joe Foss, Ben Avery, and Scottsdale Gun Club and Shooters World when I just don't want the heat. You want to talk pricey, SGC and SW are now up to $20 for an HOUR...

One plus side to indoor ranges, you're mostly left alone. I'm a competent shooter, been shooting almost 15 years now. Sometimes the range masters can be a little overzealous on their duties at the outdoor ranges I've been do with the feeling of someone looking right over your shoulder as you shoot... Yet I've seen people pull some really ignorant shit and are never talked to.

I know at the end of the day, we'd all love to shoot for free, brass reload itself for free, etc. Unfortunately it just don't work that way.
    There is nothing more deceptive then an obvious fact. - Sherlock Holmes

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 01:42:39 pm »
    Talk about pricey...  You are right about SGC and Shooters World - Add C2 to the list.  Last time I was at C2 and SGC I hag a guy roll in next to me with a duffle bag of mags (different guy BTW) run about 5 or 6 mags through his pistol inside of 5 minutes and leave.  Da hell?  You just laid out $20 for an hour and left 55 minutes on the clock?  Would be nice if you could transfer the balance of your tie to the guy next to you or leave it for a hard luck case who needs some indoor trigger time.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 05:26:13 pm »
    If we want them to stay in business we pay the price or if you cannot afford it let them go out of business and than bitch about no where to shoot.

Josh_357

• MAGA
    « Reply #13 on: May 10, 2020, 12:03:36 am »
    Talk about pricey...  You are right about SGC and Shooters World - Add C2 to the list.  Last time I was at C2 and SGC I hag a guy roll in next to me with a duffle bag of mags (different guy BTW) run about 5 or 6 mags through his pistol inside of 5 minutes and leave.  Da hell?  You just laid out $20 for an hour and left 55 minutes on the clock?  Would be nice if you could transfer the balance of your tie to the guy next to you or leave it for a hard luck case who needs some indoor trigger time.

I've seen stuff like that myself. Just absolutely astounds me. When I hit an indoor range, I try to enjoy the experience, go through my shooting deliberate and with purpose and get my money's worth.

Not only the cost of range time but the ammo as well. Some people have too much money to burn I guess. I feel it's the experience and it's always nice to have some healthy "group therapy" at the range. No need to rush it... but to each their own...
    There is nothing more deceptive then an obvious fact. - Sherlock Holmes

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #14 on: May 10, 2020, 01:23:21 am »
    200 yard line for the private range I am allowed to use. Only price is leave it better than I found it, clean up any mess I find, and make sure all the steel I shoot is painted back to pristine, and that is actually not their rules - mine to be a good neighbor. The red arrow is pointing to the steel I was shooting that day. Yes, that IS a car out there, and it is NOT a target.
    I understand the prices going up, supply and demand, and like was said, vote with your wallet. I will take the heat and sun to shoot free, (the free public CG range just opened back up, too), but I ran an indoor range in Tucson for a while, and the coolers are nice during the summer months, that's for certain!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:25:41 am by armoredman »

thom

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 07:08:15 am »

That shooter may have been a member.  When I am trying different loads, I go in and shoot them and then leave.  It doesn't cost anything after the initial membership fee to shoot at either C2.  And I go back in later in the week and do it again.
    Finally Retired
    AZCDL Life Member
    GOA
    NRA Life Member
    A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement