Username: Password:

Author Topic: Extender?  (Read 2710 times)

dpeddicord

Extender?
« on: December 25, 2012, 03:33:52 pm »
I want to extend my shell magazine tube so I may attach different accessories (i.e.  flashlight, lazer, flame-thrower, etc.)  I've attached a link to a photo of my Mossberg 590A1 with 18.5" barrel and parkerized finish.  What would be the best way to do what I want to do?  I found this website, which is the only one that had a parkerized finish.  http://www.deltaforce.com/mossberg-590-5500-1-magazine-extension-parkerized.html

Any advice appreciated.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

grumpyirish

Re: Extender?
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 08:31:12 am »
    If im not mistaken if you extend the tube you will have to get a new barrel or move the locking ring. Least thats how it was on my old mossberg ,the locking nut will not allow the tube to go through .Like i said that was awhile ago don't no if this have changed.
                                                DISREGARD   DID SOME HOME WORK  590 BARRELS ARE DIFFERENT
    « Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:43:42 am by grumpyirish »

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 10:14:27 am »
    I'd throw a +1 shot extension on there if it were mine.
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

hermer11

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 10:04:29 am »
    when i bought my mossberg 590 it already came with an extended barrel and tube

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 10:09:18 am »
    Pretty sure the OP has found a solution or other options as he posted his question way back on Christmas day of 2012. :coffee
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

delta6

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 02:20:52 pm »
    Pretty sure the OP has found a solution or other options as he posted his question way back on Christmas day of 2012. :coffee

Hee..hee..hee
    Way to slide in there hermer11.. good one :rolleyes
    You work hard, discover that success is not a destination but rather a road you travel upon....

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement