Username: Password:

Author Topic: Olight PL Mini 2 Valkyrie, awesome light at an awesome price.  (Read 759 times)

TNFrank61

• Contributor
Picked up an Olight PL Mini 2 Valkyrie for my Beretta APX a couple weeks ago. I sold my Streamlight TLR3 with my CZ P10c so I needed another weapons light for my home defense gun. Well, this thing is awesome. Not only was it the same price as the TLR3 but it's 600 Lumen and rechargeable too. Nice compact size means it'll fit on a lot of different handguns without sticking out much. Only draw back is that's not many holster options available for it right now but I'm sure they're in the works. Anyway, enjoy the vid and Thanks for watching.

Luke 22:36 (NIV)
36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

"The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
- Ted Nugent

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: Olight PL Mini 2 Valkyrie, awesome light at an awesome price.
    « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 02:29:20 pm »
    Did you choose that one because of its overall size?   
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

TNFrank61

• Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 07:51:18 pm »
    Size was part of it but the rechargeable battery, price and 600 lumens also factored into my decision. Be glad when holster makers get on board and make holsters for some of the more popular guns including the APX.
    Luke 22:36 (NIV)
    36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

"The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
    - Ted Nugent

headbanger69

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 12:55:39 pm »
    I have one of these as well. This is my first and only tactical light at the moment, and I am pretty happy with it overall. It is blindingly bright and easy to maintain. I do get scared that it will drain all its battery from sitting around so I do charge it every once in a while. Have seen people give Olight a bad rep as of late, but it seems exaggerated.

Jk17766

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 01:21:08 pm »
    How long have you been running Olight? I see they have great deals and I have been very tempted to buy one. The only reason I haven't is due to all the negative press I have seen about them, but to be fair the people I do see complain about them come from the "Gucci" gun forums.
    Thanks for the advice!

headbanger69

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 01:38:46 pm »
    How long have you been running Olight? I see they have great deals and I have been very tempted to buy one. The only reason I haven't is due to all the negative press I have seen about them, but to be fair the people I do see complain about them come from the "Gucci" gun forums.
    Thanks for the advice!

I've had my Olight for about 2 years now. Still no issues. I do not intend on putting it through a torture test to see how it will fare, so can't say anything about that. I have it mounted on a full sized 9mm and it has always stayed secure. From what I heard, that guy dying from the Olight light exploding when he had it in his mouth was due to him using the wrong batteries.

Beyond that, yes, Olight is Chinese. Even many of the top brands have their products made in China. If you got the money, I would probably go with the battle tested brands/lights (I did for my AR15 light). I am a frugal guy so I went with Olight. No regrets so far, and I hope that I don't ever get any.

Jk17766

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 02:42:25 pm »
    Thanks headbanger, I appreciate the feedback!
    I will go ahead and make the purchase and give it a shot 👍

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement