Username: Password:

Author Topic: MSNBC journalist David Gregory under investigation by DC police for possession  (Read 4791 times)

altsehastiin

of an illegal 30 round AR-15 magazine in DC city limits.  Putting the various levels of delicious irony aside, this demonstrates just how easily strict gun control laws can make unwitting felons out of peaceful, otherwise law-abiding citizens.  It was nice for a gun-grabbing liberal journalist to make that point for us.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/26/david-gregory-police-investigation_n_2364637.html

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    Yeah, there is a long thread on ar15.com about it. Pretty funny, hopefully they nail him for it  :rotfl

Someone made up this meme for it

.:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    Yah, well he'll get off because he and employer have money. A real shame. Anyone else who had one in Washington D.C. would literally already be in jail right now.  :doh :cursing
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    Yah, well he'll get off because he and employer have money. A real shame. Anyone else who had one in Washington D.C. would literally already be in jail right now.  :doh :cursing

I agree, it would be different if some poor, dumb schlub, who might have inadvertently left one in his gear, drives into D.C.  That guy would get nailed hard if one of those highly dangerous "hi-cap" magazines were discovered in his stuff.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    That photo's the best     :rotfl

Dough333

A bit confused. Are you guys in favor of laws which make high capacity magazines illegal?

altsehastiin

A bit confused. Are you guys in favor of laws which make high capacity magazines illegal?

No.

And 30 rnd AR mags are standard capacity.

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets

No, not at all.. but if an anti-gun media whore can spout off about this on TV while waving around a 30 round mag, he should get punished the same as everyone else for breaking the law.

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

JesseL

• Sr. Contributor
      • Lambert Gunworks LLC

I seriously doubt that anyone here is.

I wouldn't mind seeing the reporter learn a hard lesson about how easy it is to violate an ineffectual magazine ban, or become a felon though.

Black_water

• Contributor
    I guarantee you that absolutely nothing happens.  He is going to get a complete pass on this and if they do ANYTHING, it will be a complete whitewash.

Remember which side he is cheer leading for.
    Eric Philips of Young Americans for Liberty summed up the law.

Obamacare will have the efficiency of the Postal Service, the sustainability of Social Security and the compassion of the IRS,” he said

Dough333

Ahh.. so a lot of people want him to get in trouble just because he is anti-gun.

To me it seems that if you were against the law you wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble for breaking the law because you fundamentally oppose the law.  To wish for someone to get in trouble for a law that you are opposed to seems a bit hypocritical.

The mob mentality goes both ways.

I think the appropriate response to this would be to really highlight the accessibility to these magazines and how a ban doesn't serve its intended purpose.  If you wish him to get punished then you are only reinforcing the ban.

JesseL

• Sr. Contributor
      • Lambert Gunworks LLC
    I don't see anything hypocritical about wanting him held to the same standards he'd like to impose upon the rest of us.

Dough333

Then we just have different viewpoints :)  Nothing wrong with that.

JesseL

• Sr. Contributor
      • Lambert Gunworks LLC
    Maybe he shouldn't be punished, but if he were completely intellectually honest Mr. Gregory would choose plead guilty to the offense and suffer the consequences.

I might be allowing myself a bit too much wishful shadenfraude and lapsing into hypocrisy, but he is absolutely wallowing in it.

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    I am also OK with him not being punished, but no one else should be either. I agree with Jesse. Is it OK for him to get away with it while others living or visiting this state can be prosecuted? We all know the law is foolish.

Dough333

I agree with you guys that the law is hogwash.  I just can't support anyone, even a pro-gun control tv personality, getting in trouble for a law that is bullshit.

I've never smoked pot in my life but I think it is absurd that it is illegal and I am fundamentally against anyone being arrested for possession.  Even if said person is a worthless celebrity who openly admits to smoking regularly. 

I'm in favor of equal treatment for all but not if people are equally treated for breaking an unreasonable law. 

I fully expect that others think differently on the matter though. 

JesseL

• Sr. Contributor
      • Lambert Gunworks LLC
    I've never smoked pot in my life but I think it is absurd that it is illegal and I am fundamentally against anyone being arrested for possession.  Even if said person is a worthless celebrity who openly admits to smoking regularly. 

Me too.

On the other hand, if it were a celebrity who loudly advocates for tough laws and mandatory minimum sentences but expects none of that to apply to themselves...

It would be nice to see them at least have a change of heart (even if it's incredibly self serving); but if they're just going to double down and insist the law is for little people, I won't be shedding any tears.

SirJesster

• Threadkiller
    • I am El Guapo Gordo!
    I might be allowing myself a bit too much wishful shadenfraude and lapsing into hypocrisy, but he is absolutely wallowing in it.

it's the karma thing. i think the law is stupid. i also am perfectly ok with my own delight in the prospect that his stupidity might bite him in the ass. immature? i never claimed the moral high road here.

my issue is that a lot of people think the laws apply only to the peasants, and they are somehow above that. this is one peasant that enjoys seeing a noble with mud on his clothing, too.
    Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.

Paul

• "Any time, any where, always ready, always there."
    It really doesn't matter if the law is foolish or not - it IS the law in DC, he violated that law in DC and he should be held accountable just like any of us average Joe's would be if we violated that or any other law.

Do I agree with the law? No.
    Do I think you should be accountable for breaking the law (regardless of what that law is)? Yes, because it is your responsibility to know the laws where you are and ignorance is no protection.

Would I chuckle a little on the inside if this douche got nail for that act on TV breaking DC's law? No, I would howl with glee as he tried to explain his way out of it
    "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Black_water

• Contributor
    What do you think would be going if LaPierre was the one with the mag?

I think the law is stupid, that's not the point.  The point is that this person is openly violating a law and should be vetted the same way you or I would.

It is really that simple.
    Eric Philips of Young Americans for Liberty summed up the law.

Obamacare will have the efficiency of the Postal Service, the sustainability of Social Security and the compassion of the IRS,” he said

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    What do you think would be going if LaPierre was the one with the mag?

Realistically, I think about the same as Gregory, possibly even less.  LaPierre would end up being a martyr, which I don't think "they" want.  Sure... it'd get some hype at first, but it'd go away eventually, just like this will.

The only difference between LaPierre and any other high power Washington politician/journalist/lobbyist/bureaucrat is that LaPierre is our high power politician/journalist/lobbyist/bureaucrat.  Beyond that, he'd ultimately get the same treatment as any of them I think.

-T.

Wingman709

• This Xbox Life
    MSNBC journalist David Gregory under investigation by DC police for possession
    « Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 12:40:09 am »
    You break the law, you should pay the price.  If you don't like the law, get active in your community to get it changed.

In this case, not only did they break the law, they asked the cops first as they were aware of the law, were told no they could not do it and they decided to ignore it and do what they wanted. That is criminal no matters how you look at it.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

RugerDave

• Sr. Contributor
    Throw the book at him. Tell it to the Judge bub!

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement