Username: Password:

Author Topic: Queen Valley  (Read 385 times)

Coogan

Queen Valley
« on: May 10, 2020, 09:54:06 am »
I learned recently of the Queen Valley shooting area and wanted to ask some questions.

Are there any maps of these kinds of open shooting areas? I found Queen Valley by asking a friend who's lived here for years.

Are there any formal policies about exactly where to situate yourself with respect to others? Can I just turn up, pick a spot and start shooting at some rocks?

How common are accidental shootings in these areas?

How common is irresponsible behavior, stupidity, drunkeness etc?

Why don't places like Queen Valley appear on the site's shooting locations map?

Any info is much appreciated.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:56:09 am by Sherlock »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Brlux

Re: Queen Valley
    « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 10:37:48 am »
    Unfortunately there are a some irresponsible and disrespectful gun owners. People who have a favorite shooting spot and put effort in to cleaning up trash and maintain that spot are hesitant to post online for any one to see their great spots are because they will eventually be run off by disrespectful hordes who trash the place and get it closed to shooting. While the majority of shooters I have encountered out desert shooting have been responsible polite and a pleasure to meet. I have unfortunately also ran in to rude and unsafe shooters.

My understanding is anywhere in the national forest is ok to shoot assuming there are no marked restrictions or fire restrictions as there are in Tonto now. You need to be 0.25m from a occupied building, I also interoperate that as a camp sight. Be sure of your target and beyond. Don't shoot down or across roads, you don't want someone to suddenly pop up down range. Don't bring garbage like appliances and crap to destroy. Clean up anything you do shoot at and bring home more stuff than you went out with.
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10:48:13 am by Brlux »

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: Queen Valley
    « Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 09:02:58 pm »
    I've never been shooting out near Queen Valley so that's a new one to me.  I imagine there are lots of spots familiar to locals but not really on the radar screen for the rest of us.  The shooting locations map was designed to be helpful but it is, by no means, a complete listing all sites that might be used. 

" A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement