Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wetbrain with a gun arrested after shooting at family in Tonto forest.  (Read 574 times)

PogoJack

• ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
Wow that is worst case scenario for me, having a dangerous 2 legged critter trying to harm my family.

I guess he's lucky it wasn't one of us or the headline might be different.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/scottsdale-man-accused-of-shooting-at-family-threatening-teen-girls-at-recreation-area/article_acbb14dc-9ad4-11ea-90cf-e7115eb7b476.html

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

DClayton

he got lucky. Very lucky. The guys who “subdued” him showed some serious restraint

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Good grief .  .  .   :facepalm      That exact kind of thing is exactly why it is almost impossible to find peace, quiet and seclusion anywhere near the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas if you don't have high ground clearance vehicle with four wheel drive. 
    "I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said."     William F. Buckley, Jr.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    Man! i hate to judge people by their looks, but this guy has got KOO-KOO down pat!

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    Man! i hate to judge people by their looks, but this guy has got KOO-KOO down pat!

I'm sure he's just got the same Post-Covid shag we all do.  Some sobriety, clean him up a little, nice beard trim and coif that hair, put him in a polo, let the shiner heal and....... NOPE you are right.  He cornered the market on Bat Shit Crazy.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

thom

It sounds like a good thing he didn't run into anyone here.
    Finally Retired
    AZCDL Life Member
    GOA
    NRA Life Member
    A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    It sounds like a good thing he didn't run into anyone here.

Yeah - pretty sure if he did - the black eye would have been the least of his worries.... :whistle

JT

High clearance 4x4 does not help. Idiots own them too.

CMore

I agree.. But, most of those idiots are just young crazy red necks high on testosterone... :whistle

Although the rest of the jacked up 4x4 owners are just older versions of them with a lot less testosterone...   And we don't say "hold my beer" as often....  :thumbup
    K1CJM

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    True.  I pass a few on my way back to where I intend to go and a few on the way back out again.  Sometimes I even stop and help them get unstuck or repaired depending on how the situation looks.  Sometimes it seems better to just smile and wave and keep moving.  One thing for sure - the terrain weeds out a lot of the meek and merely curious and the inexperienced.  If the traffic seems too much for my enjoyment I can usually find another spot next time out.   :coffee
    "I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said."     William F. Buckley, Jr.

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    I saw a story on FB out of Gila county.
    Family of EIGHT (two adults and SIX KIDS) bought a t used Jeep Patriot or Compass or something.  It was the mid-sized Jeep SUV.  Used car.  STREET TIRES.  Still has on the paper plates.  And all EIGHT OF THEM (car only legally holds five) go bounding off DEEP into the back country on a Friday night after work.  No cell signal and get stuck.  They stayed with the car until a bunch of Jeepers (the hard core guys) get out there and find them.  No food, no shelter, no supplies, no tools, nuthin but way too many kids and they are running out of water.  Took them back to safety and got a tow to go get the stranded car.

Just because you have a Jeep, does not make you invincible - but to a lot of people it does.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Yup.  There's a lot of difference between what they show you on the TV commercials and movies and what happens out in the actual world.  Having a Jeep usually means you get stuck farther from the highway than you would have in the car.   

I remember helping a young couple change a tire a few years back.  They didn't have a high lift jack or a shovel and were freaking out about how to get the Jeep ( Cherokee - one of the fancy ones with leather interior ) raised up with the factory jack ( wasn't going to happen where they were stuck ).  I guess it took about a half hour or so to get them back up and running when they asked me if I had any water I could spare.   :saywhat   Sure enough, they took off driving with about a gallon of water between them ( it was August ) and that was gone by the time we finished.  So I let them have some water and in the process we begin talking about how to get turned around and get back out of where they were. 

Long story short - they didn't have food, they didn't have enough water, they didn't have a map of where we were, they didn't remember exactly how they got where they were or exactly how long it took them to get there.  They only stopped because of the flat tire and figured the road had to come out somewhere.  It didn't.  The track they were on was a dead end and they would have found that out had they gotten to the end of it after another mile or so.  They might well have ended up like your " eight is too many " Jeep story.  We went slow and I led them back to the highway and I lived happily ever after.  Not so sure about them.   :hmm 

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    Yup.  There's a lot of difference between what they show you on the TV commercials and movies and what happens out in the actual world.  Having a Jeep usually means you get stuck farther from the highway than you would have in the car.   

I remember helping a young couple change a tire a few years back.  They didn't have a high lift jack or a shovel and were freaking out about how to get the Jeep ( Cherokee - one of the fancy ones with leather interior ) raised up with the factory jack ( wasn't going to happen where they were stuck ).  I guess it took about a half hour or so to get them back up and running when they asked me if I had any water I could spare.   :saywhat   Sure enough, they took off driving with about a gallon of water between them ( it was August ) and that was gone by the time we finished.  So I let them have some water and in the process we begin talking about how to get turned around and get back out of where they were. 

Long story short - they didn't have food, they didn't have enough water, they didn't have a map of where we were, they didn't remember exactly how they got where they were or exactly how long it took them to get there.  They only stopped because of the flat tire and figured the road had to come out somewhere.  It didn't.  The track they were on was a dead end and they would have found that out had they gotten to the end of it after another mile or so.  They might well have ended up like your " eight is too many " Jeep story.  We went slow and I led them back to the highway and I lived happily ever after.  Not so sure about them.   :hmm

YEP! To be so foolish again. As a poor kid growing up in the concrete jungle of Detroit - I would often drive my beater car (balding tires, well worn engine, stick shift manual trans..) hundreds of miles away from the city up M53 (Gratiot Ave) or (S on U.S. 24[Telegraph rd] into Ohio) or (W on US12 [Michigan Ave] towards Chicago).. but I knew how to wrench on the car(s), had a spare & a good jack, took water, food & a sleeping bag should I end up having to camp out over night and walk to the nearest town on the map to get parts..for which I had a compass & knew how to read it...NO GPS back then..NO cell phones so I always carried change for payphones... My point? Even a poor ghetto kid knew the basics of staying alive back then. Todays PURELL DIPPPED & BUBBLE WRAPPED generation are disasters looking for a place to happen often, & that thing called common sense, ain't so common anymore...  :facepalm

armoredman

• Contributor
    i had a Jeep Patriot. It is not a Jeep - it is a station wagon with delusions of grandeur..

RJ

well now, it might just be a natural progression of evolution, the stupid will manage to end their reign, by well being stupid and doing stupid shiat we can only hope they don't take us annoited ones with them.  :-P

Rj

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    I have done stupid and foolish things in my life and I have the scars to prove it.  Some you can see and some you can't but in any event my condition did not prove fatal.  Yet.   :whistle

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement