Username: Password:

Author Topic: CCW Fingerprinting  (Read 479 times)

grayland

CCW Fingerprinting
« on: June 26, 2020, 11:36:39 am »
I have put off applying for an AZ CCW for too long.  I got the paperwork just as the shutdown started to take effect.  Now....I cannot find anywhere to get the required fingerprints.
Tucson, Oro Valley, Pima and Pinal Sheriff's offices all are not doing the fingerprints.  Even a couple of private companies are not responding.

Is there somewhere else I am missing.  There really is no hurry...but have finally gotten around to applying I am trying to get it done. :thumbup

I have WA and Utah permits.  I am fully aware of the Arizona carry laws but just feel a bit more comfortable with the AZ permit. 

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

patkelly4370

Re: CCW Fingerprinting
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 11:46:26 am »
    Do them yourself

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

patkelly4370

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 11:47:13 am »
    Oops. Reply duped.
    I have a thread on Calguns about getting AZ permit.
    Some have done their own prints and they were fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 11:49:52 am by patkelly4370 »

grayland

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 12:23:58 pm »
    Interesting about do-it-yourself.  I was sure I saw in the DPS application package that they must be done by "certified technician".  I went back and look at fingerprint card instructions and cannot find any reference to this...so maybe it can be done.  However, I am pretty sure I would botch the job and then need new cards...which are not easily available until fingerprint outlets are reopened.. and brings me full circle. :-\

RJ

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 01:32:48 pm »
    order the kit and extra cards on line and have for a rainy day purchase, you need them for just about anything that requires the kings approval.

just as easy and as cheap as getting it doen on someone elses time.

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 07:23:58 am »
    Thanks; I'm in the same boat.

Didn't know you could buy a kit and DIY. Just located and ordered one for the home.

Greg
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

"Faint heart never filled a flush" - Brett Maverick

Good marksmanship is no accident - JarheadNY

Clifffalling

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 07:28:17 am »
    Look up UPS stores online. Many will do the prints for you...nominal fee. Our agency has everyone do theirs there for lvl 1 cards.  Doing it yourself runs a large risk of rejection. FWIW
    Flagtaff: Poverty with a view.

RJ

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 07:51:44 am »
    Just make sure if you buy kit, you have the correct forms for suppressors sbrs ect. they will kick it out, i ordered an extra package of forms, just cause, one never knows .

also, experiment on rolling finger for prints, its easier if you have someone roll your fingers , trying on your own you can sorta well not get it right

Josh_45

• MAGA
    « Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 11:08:35 am »
    See if you have an actual AZ Livescan location near you.

I went to the one in Phoenix a few months ago. The UPS locations that use them are refusing to do prints so you got to go to an actual office.

They can do your CCW. I think it's around $20, you get two print cards.

I have to do fingerprints every two years due to my professional licensing with the state and I finally decided to get my CCW and got printed for that at the same time.

I got the CCW back in a week or two. Lightning fast after submission. I'd say they're slow for business with the virus so nows the time to do it or I just got lucky...

Hope this helps.
    There is nothing more deceptive then an obvious fact. - Sherlock Holmes

grayland

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 03:39:26 pm »
    Diamondback Guns is doing fingerprint cards in Tucson.  $10.00 per card which is same as police departments.
    Easy and quick...plus a reason to scope out Guns and gear.  :thumbup

Not sure how I missed them earlier

Clifffalling

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 05:45:25 pm »
    See if you have an actual AZ Livescan location near you.

I went to the one in Phoenix a few months ago. The UPS locations that use them are refusing to do prints so you got to go to an actual office.

They can do your CCW. I think it's around $20, you get two print cards.

I have to do fingerprints every two years due to my professional licensing with the state and I finally decided to get my CCW and got printed for that at the same time.

I got the CCW back in a week or two. Lightning fast after submission. I'd say they're slow for business with the virus so nows the time to do it or I just got lucky...

Hope this helps.

Interesting, do you know why the UPS stores are refusing? Is it a COVID thing? Or a firearm thing?

grayland

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 08:40:26 pm »
    My understanding is that it is a Covid 19 thing.   No mention of gun issues.

Josh_45

• MAGA
    « Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 12:41:02 am »
    Interesting, do you know why the UPS stores are refusing? Is it a COVID thing? Or a firearm thing?

Yeah they told me it's due to the virus... yet they have contact with the public no less...

RJ

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 05:38:35 am »
    Its an excuse to downsize service for a lot of businesses, you can expect it no to change once back to normal if that ever happens,  :whistle, and when it does fees will be added to what at one time was ''free'' or included in service.

jmo
    rj

Clifffalling

« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 06:01:41 am »
    Yeah they told me it's due to the virus... yet they have contact with the public no less...
    Gracias

Josh_45

• MAGA
    « Reply #15 on: Today at 09:03:43 am »
    Its an excuse to downsize service for a lot of businesses, you can expect it no to change once back to normal if that ever happens,  :whistle, and when it does fees will be added to what at one time was ''free'' or included in service.

jmo
    rj

I agree.

Gracias

You're welcome.

RJ

« Reply #16 on: Today at 09:38:16 am »
    I was having lunch at 40th st cafe, (NEC greenway road and 40th st.) and noticed jt next door does fingerprint cards, and they were open, so there is a joint in the north end if someone is looking
    Rj

grayland

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:46:38 am »
    July 4, Update on application:

I sent my application in on 29 June.  It was returned on 3 July...because I did not fill in the "purchasers address" on the money order.  They sent back the application instructions with "purchasers address" hand written in the money order instruction. 

This is, of course, a bogus requirement as I use hundreds of money orders and I have never been required to fill in the purchasers address in order for the MO to be accepted.  I am not sure I have ever filled it in.

Never the less....it is very encouraging that the application was looked at and returned in 4 days including mail time.  I did send it right back and hopefully the permit will be sent as quickly.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement