Username: Password:

Author Topic: Deals on firearms in AZ  (Read 1621 times)

danryanpi

• NRA Life Member
Deals on firearms in AZ
« on: May 10, 2020, 05:01:50 pm »
Okay, I'd like to know which stores in AZ, you guys have found the best deals on new firearms?  Is there one specific store where you have found the best prices on a consistent basis?  Which stores are consistently more expensive?  I ask now, because I've been looking at getting a Colt Python .357 Magnum. Out the door, that gun goes for over $1,400 at the stores I've looked.  I'm hoping there is a place out there that I don't know about, where I can get the best price possible. 

Thank you,

Dan
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmond Burke

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

PogoJack

• ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    Re: Deals on firearms in AZ
    « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 05:05:56 pm »
    I've had good luck with Gun Genie (Davidson's). You can get instant bids from your favorite LGS and prices are excellent.  Tombstone Tactical has some good deals as well even now and I've found their customer service to be excellent.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

joeb1

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 05:34:52 pm »
    I usually buy from Sportsman's Warehouse when they have sales. I get extra Loyalty bucks using their credit card and a 5% Veterans discount.
    Another place is Tombstone Tactical at Metro Center.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Earl Cordova

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 06:33:07 pm »
    Another vote for Davidsons gallery of guns.

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/powersearchnew.aspx

joeb1

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 01:30:40 pm »
    Buying online is fine if you have already handled/shot the gun you want. I only buy online after renting one at a range and put at least a hundred rounds through it. Gun shops can give you the hands on experience.

Wyatt Earp

• Contributor
    « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 06:18:56 am »
    Tombstone Tactical and Sportsmans both get my vote.  CAL Ranch also has some good deals on guns (it's where I picked up my Hellcat). 
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.

Wyatt Earp

eugenesan

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 08:31:51 am »
    I would also add Northwest Armory (Scottsdale) to the list. They often have great deals on S&W an d optics. The best part, they usually have stuff in stock.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 09:05:55 am »
    Bear arms.

BigMat

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 11:29:51 pm »
    I've had good luck with Gun Genie (Davidson's). You can get instant bids from your favorite LGS and prices are excellent.  Tombstone Tactical has some good deals as well even now and I've found their customer service to be excellent.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I just used this service and was really impressed.  Very quick turn around

Josh_357

• MAGA
    « Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 03:04:07 pm »
    Tombstone Tactical is OK on some deals. Customer Service can be hit or miss. I've bought numerous guns from them. Some of the clerks are cool, some are kinda rude. Just depends...

Good deals but there has been a huge run on guns with them so many popular ones are out, is grabagun.com as I like them a lot. Buy online, ship to FFL.
    There is nothing more deceptive then an obvious fact. - Sherlock Holmes

Jfri247

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 03:11:21 pm »
    I have to mention Prescott Valley guns.  Selection may not be quite what Sportsmans has, but it is close.  They always have a good selection of new and used.  Staff is local, friendly, even the owner who is a little quiet is a really nice guy despite his demeanor which is sometimes seemingly less than friendly.   I have gone other places, but I usually always check PV guns first. 

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 03:49:22 pm »
    Honestly, the best deals I have found have been online. Find a good local FFL that will do a transfer for you & then have the gun shipped to them for transfer to you. There's a fee ($20 for C2 members to $50 depending on the FFL?)
    To show you what i mean - If I bought a $1,000 rifle from a local dealer after AZ & local taxes that rifle now costs me roughly $1,120

Same rifle online from Brownells or other out of state dealer $1,000 + $20 s/h + $20 FFL fee = $1,040 or $80 less.

Now if you don't mind paying more, I HIGHLY recommend Davisons' Gallery of Guns as others have said. They have outstanding customer service and the up charge buys you peace of mind with their "no hassles repair or replace warranty".   :thumbup
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

joeb1

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 08:19:13 pm »
    Honestly, the best deals I have found have been online. Find a good local FFL that will do a transfer for you & then have the gun shipped to them for transfer to you. There's a fee ($20 for C2 members to $50 depending on the FFL?)
    To show you what i mean - If I bought a $1,000 rifle from a local dealer after AZ & local taxes that rifle now costs me roughly $1,120

Same rifle online from Brownells or other out of state dealer $1,000 + $20 s/h + $20 FFL fee = $1,040 or $80 less.

Now if you don't mind paying more, I HIGHLY recommend Davisons' Gallery of Guns as others have said. They have outstanding customer service and the up charge buys you peace of mind with their "no hassles repair or replace warranty".   
    Lots of online dealers are charging tax now so add that to the s/h and FFL fees. I'll wait for a sale and buy local. If I buy from Sportsman's Warehouse store or online, and use their credit card, I get 5 points for every dollar. Cabela's offers 2 points per dollar in their store.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 08:25:30 pm by joeb1 »

Clifffalling

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 05:57:20 am »

Now if you don't mind paying more, I HIGHLY recommend Davisons' Gallery of Guns as others have said. They have outstanding customer service and the up charge buys you peace of mind with their "no hassles repair or replace warranty".   :thumbup

Yep, i try to support one of our local shops in particular. But, prices up here are often %25 more than what i find online and no one will haggle anymore on price, so usually my support is relegated to the cost of transfers.
    Flagtaff: Poverty with a view.

AlienLoveDoll

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 04:50:11 pm »
    I vote gun genie too. Cheap FFL transfers via Shane Pikasso who is also a great barber too!  It's a two-fer!

When I couldn't order there I've had good luck with Tombstone Tactical and Bear Arms in terms of price as well.

AZ Husker

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 05:29:31 pm »
    I use Shane for my transfers and haircuts too! Very patriotic guy.

Whathefff

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2020, 03:39:06 pm »
    I have to mention Prescott Valley guns.  Selection may not be quite what Sportsmans has, but it is close.  They always have a good selection of new and used.  Staff is local, friendly, even the owner who is a little quiet is a really nice guy despite his demeanor which is sometimes seemingly less than friendly.   I have gone other places, but I usually always check PV guns first. 

Tombstone Tactical is OK on some deals. Customer Service can be hit or miss. I've bought numerous guns from them. Some of the clerks are cool, some are kinda rude. Just depends...

Tombstone has some good sales when things are normal. I've not enjoyed the Phoenix store mostly because of the lines running through the isles but the Chino Valley store has really good people there.

PV Guns is my favorite gun store. They have all their long guns out on the floor so you can look at/handle them at your leisure. Really good people working there and consistently fair prices on guns, ammo is high there though.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement