Username: Password:

Author Topic: Boogaloo  (Read 857 times)

thom

Boogaloo
« on: July 01, 2020, 09:31:31 am »
Ok I just read a little about the Boogaloo people. What the heck are they?
Thom
Finally Retired
AZCDL Life Member
GOA
NRA Life Member
A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

PogoJack

• ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    Re: Boogaloo
    « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 09:59:01 am »
    It's fake news.

There were some gun people who fantasized about Civil War II. Perhaps facetiously and in an exaggerated fashion and they would make reference to "Boogaloo", etc. wearing Hawaiian shirts (A tip to 1970s CIA dudes). The lefties on the internet seem to have co-opted it, but it started as a gun people thing, I think.

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 02:02:47 am »
    It's a joke, at least on arfdotcom. It's just guys having fun, and some companies making morale patches and shirts that reflect the joke.

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 05:32:12 am »
    Follow me here for a bit.
    In the late 80's there was a break dancing urban hip hop movie called "Electric Boogaloo." Then they came out with the second in the franchise where the inner city kids went to England and brought American hip hop and dance to the stuffy brits.  That was "Electric Boogaloo - American Revolution #2"  Why do I know this stuff?  Beats me but open my noggin and there it is.

So in the preparedness community there are factions that are hyper focused on certain world events.  There are the people that think the EMP is going to get us.  There are people preparing for Yellow Stone to blow.  There are people that only fear Chem Trails.  What ever.  The point is they really aren't "preppers" because they only prep for one thing.

Which brings me to the people prepping for Civil War - Or as they call it "American Revolution #2."  Or put in terms of war "American Revolution II."  So the other preppers aptly named this eveint in a mocking fashion "The Boogaloo" after the ridiculously silly movie that should have never been made in the first place "Electric Boogaloo - American Revolution #2." And people that are unhealthily fixated on the possibility of a Civil War between the classes or political factions or the people that own guns and the people that will defend their home with a dildo and a spatula are called "Boogaloo Bois."  I have no idea why "boy" is spelled like that.  Maybe someone can figure that part out.

So in short the term "Boogaloo" just refers to the time in the future when like minded folks like us here have had enough shit from the triggered left communist half of the country and they get their ass spanked mightily.  It's a fun word to say and since it has kind of a funny light hearted sound to it, you can use it in walmart when you are talking to your wife without setting off alarm bells.  Instead of saying "Hey these camping chairs would be great for when civil war starts in America" you can say "Need some Boogaloo Chairs?"  So it's a tongue and cheek code that preppers use to make fun of the dingbat off the deep end preppers and because dark humor is an effective way of handling unpleasant topics.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 05:41:21 am »
    Now with that understanding, I give you some of the best humor the internet has to offer.
    BOOGALOO MEMES!

Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

Clifffalling

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 06:35:13 am »
    So, what i have seen has been co-opted for sure. However it started, (GT is right on from everything i have seen) now when you say it,  it has connotations of white racists who want a second civil war to bring back slavery. I mean, just like pretty much everything else the left says right now... no surprise there.
    Flagtaff: Poverty with a view.

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 07:01:10 am »
    I haven't heard the white racists and slavery bit.  That's news to me.

grayland

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 07:22:27 am »
    Excellent summery and history from GT.

I have heard it used most recently by the far left (and not so far) as a description of gun owners and folks they describe as dangerous right wing people who advocate violence. 

Another term that will soon be used by the media to paint gun owners as violent lunatics.
    NRA Member
    AZCDL Member
    CCW
    2A Supporter for over 60 years

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 07:55:00 am »
    Here's the one i couldn't find earlier and referenced in the post....

Josh_357

• MAGA
    « Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 05:12:05 pm »
    It's fake news.

There were some gun people who fantasized about Civil War II. Perhaps facetiously and in an exaggerated fashion and they would make reference to "Boogaloo", etc. wearing Hawaiian shirts (A tip to 1970s CIA dudes). The lefties on the internet seem to have co-opted it, but it started as a gun people thing, I think.

Well hell, I'm probably on a watch list then. I like to wear Hawaiian shirts... Wouldn't ya know it, part of some secret club so secret and ya don't even know it. This is simply too funny. I've heard of it and just dismissed it as another asinine conspiracy theory of the left...

This is too funny. Thank you.
    There is nothing more deceptive then an obvious fact. - Sherlock Holmes

patkelly4370

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 06:30:08 pm »
    "Double secret probation"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

delta6

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 09:25:35 pm »
    Gee... and to think growing up it was just a dance..... :confused

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 09:44:13 pm »
    Nothing new here.  Shibboleth has been around since the days of the Old Testament.   :coffee
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: July 03, 2020, 12:30:31 am »
    i actually think the Hawaiian shirt thing was a Magnum PI thing...
    Some of the boogaloo memes are really funny, others just weird, and the "bois? thing I usually hear referencing the "The Alphabet Bois", meaning agencies with multi letter acronyms.

Iocona

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 05:57:17 am »
      According to the Urban Dictionary...
      https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boogaloo

Spartan301

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 08:28:04 am »

Bahahahahahahaha!

That paints a pretty funny picture in my sick mind!  :rotfl
    U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN)
    Veteran '81-'86
    NRA Lifetime Member, AZCDL Member,
    USCCA Member,
    Front Sight FTI First Family "Ambassador" Member

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement