Username: Password:

Author Topic: Private Transfers  (Read 3386 times)

grayland

Re: Private Transfers
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2020, 02:43:29 pm »
I believe it all relates to your first post in this thread.  You acted like a total newbe who supported registration of personal property.  Personally myself, after reading your first post 5 times, I did realize you were trying to tell us something that we already knew, but It was your follow up post that cemented what everybody else  is up in arms about.  You stated that any firearms transfer needs to go thru a background check, which is just wrong. 

We all know what has happened to the State of Washington and realize that it could happen here (We don't need to be reminded).  Our reaction is just what was probably needed in Washington, but most gun owners there were asleep when all of that occurred.  Same problem with Oregon, they face the same issues.  Its also happened to our neighbor just north west of us (Nevada).  We know the problems and will forever try to jump in front of them whether it be you or some politician - makes no difference. 

Its something that I who have in the past voted for a Democrat because I thought he/she would do a better job than the republican, but that has all gone out the window.  There are NO DEMOCRATS that after elected that may take away your rights.    My mantra NOW is "YOU NEVER SHOULD VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT NO MATTER WHAT !".   Its simple - today and for the last few years they are totally UN-trustworthy.  Unfortunately this also holds true to some Republicans.  Careful research by the many gun supporting organizations need to be heeded.   

All I can recommend to you is try to state clearer posts so that we don't think of you as a Democratic Mole   :shocked

:rotfl

Thanks for the asshat style "advice".  :facepalm      :thumbdown I am pretty sure you know where you can put it.

This is the kind of crap that keeps people from participating on the board.  It seems like there are always a  few people acting as  posting  police and pissing people off.
Have at it.  :whistle

NRA Member; AZCDL Member; CCW; 2A Supporter
https://azcdl.org/

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #26 on: August 06, 2020, 03:14:00 pm »

Thanks for the asshat style "advice".  :facepalm      :thumbdown I am pretty sure you know where you can put it.

This is the kind of crap that keeps people from participating on the board.  It seems like there are always a  few people acting as  posting  police and pissing people off.

got a little warm in the kitchen, bummer, it takes all kinds to make a site work, debate, whether in good taste or not, helps bring out the best in some, the worst in others, nothing and no site is without this issue, no matter where,
    the big problem is new so called Arizonans, they just can't help but bring up where they came from, while being proud where you came from is ok, with me, i just don't give a crap, we have our own issues, and we aren't a buncha dumbarse hicks ignoring the world, we've been ahead of the anti movement with the help of some dedicated individuals, and frankly no one wants to be reminded everytime a new member shows up and share their stuff from elsewhere.
    If you must take your ball and go, but best to stay around weather the storm and watch what gets posted, and you just might see why some of us get riled somewhat.
    happy thursday
    rj

anm2_man

• Contributor
    « Reply #27 on: August 06, 2020, 03:38:49 pm »

OK - BYE we don't need your kind
    "Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around, and smart people are reloading."

grayland

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2020, 03:55:39 pm »
    OK - BYE we don't need your kind

LOL...I am not going anywhere.  What kind is "your kind?"

NRA Member; AZCDL Member; CCW; 2A Supporter
    https://azcdl.org/

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #29 on: August 06, 2020, 05:51:54 pm »
    Well I tried.... :confused
    Changing the topic..
    How about those Antifa folks? You think we are ready for them to go bat shiat crazy prior to & after "Orange Man Bad" whips their arses again (hopefully)?  :whistle
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

patkelly4370

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2020, 05:54:15 pm »
    My Wife did a private transfer today.
    A coworker/friend of hers gave her a Sig SP2022.
    No FFL. No forms. No waiting period. No background check (both Deputies).
    There was no bill of sale, no cash changed hands. It was a barter/gift. There's no registration here. Easy peasy, "here, it's yours".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 05:59:16 pm by patkelly4370 »

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #31 on: August 06, 2020, 05:59:56 pm »
    My Wife did a private transfer today.
    A coworker/friend of hers gave her a Sig SP2022.
    No FFL. No forms. No waiting period. No background check (both Deputies).

OUTSTANDING PISTOLS! I own 2 & shoot them even more accurately than my fancy P226 Extreme  :saywhat
    They are in limited production now & will increase in value over time. Be aware that the earlier models had a barrel peening issue so call SIG up & see if yours is one? If so, send it in & they will replace the slide & barrel with the newer design.  :thumbup
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

patkelly4370

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2020, 06:02:10 pm »
    OUTSTANDING PISTOLS! I own 2 & shoot them even more accurately than my fancy P226 Extreme  :saywhat
    They are in limited production now & will increase in value over time. Be aware that the earlier models had a barrel peening issue so call SIG up & see if yours is one? If so, send it in & they will replace the slide & barrel with the newer design. 
    Thank you. I'll have her check into that.

Eric Pierce

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2020, 11:35:09 am »
    Coming from Illinois, it was a whole different way of completing private sales.  Besides needing a FOID card, there was the Illinois State Police inquiry before the transfer, a 3 day waiting period and the need to keep paperwork for 10 years.  Although a bill of sale was not required, it was common.

What's the feeling here as to completing a bill of sale (or other paperwork) when making a transfer?

As an FFL the only word of caution is if you sell privately and that firearm someday is used in a crime and ATF calls me for a trace, you better have proof you sold it or you might need a good lawyer.

CZ

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2020, 10:22:22 pm »
    As an FFL the only word of caution is if you sell privately and that firearm someday is used in a crime and ATF calls me for a trace, you better have proof you sold it or you might need a good lawyer.

Where is your shop?   

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #35 on: August 19, 2020, 04:50:00 am »
    lol, its not as difficult as mentioned to prove sold of goods, i've been in several inquiries over the years due to my purchasing and selling , not as big a deal as supposed it is.  All have been a phone call, no visits, but sometimes multiple calls to discuss events.
    best of luck, buy, sell with confidence. and hope for the best. :doh

Rj

delta6

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2020, 11:20:49 am »

As an FFL (40 years) this is so absolutely false, it's beyond comprehension. Yikes...............
    You work hard, discover that success is not a destination but rather a road you travel upon....

CZ

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2020, 12:10:33 am »
    Where is your shop? You have no clue what you are talking about...  Oh never mind I looked you up.. It looks like you just work out of your home...

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #38 on: August 25, 2020, 01:23:43 pm »
    In Arizona we have none of that crap. If I'm selling a gun I meet the buyer in a well-lit place with cameras. I ask him if he's a prohibited possessor, he hands me the money, and I hand him the gun.

That's all I've ever done... Make sure they're of age, ask prohibited possessor status, CCW is a + but not required and make my sale and go on my way. Never had any issues. I only sell, I never buy used guns however (just personal preference, I like factory new when buying).
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
    ― Mark Twain

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
    - George Carlin

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement