Username: Password:

Author Topic: I am angry at my friend for getting me to hold an AK47 last year...  (Read 856 times)

PogoJack

• ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
I swear I hated those things. Even when I was a young buck, I prided myself on my Norinco SKS (Plus I couldn't afford the $300-$400 that an AK cost in those days - They might have even been illegal after the Democrat ban of the 1990s, can't remember).

They are heavy, not accurate, and every drooling moron of the third world shoots at our boys with one.

Then I physically picked one up in Las Vegas, and it felt so nice, like a man's gun.

Bought a PSAK GF3 last year and it was so fun to shoot. My dad also left me a ton of 7.62x39.

I am almost on the verge of getting a Mini Draco or a ZPAP92 pistol as an open carry/truck gun. It's completely useless. I already have AR pistols and shotguns.
To this day, I see nothing practical about an AK with a 7 to 10 inch barrel that spits huge fireballs and is louder than heck.
I can see almost no scenario where this would be an effective weapon except very close quarters and I would become permanently deaf if I even managed to engage an enemy or two.

Still, I keep imagining one with an RPK drum and a two point sling.

Rob Ski is an evil man.

Is there an AK-oholics Anonymous number I can call?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 09:20:41 am by PogoJack »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: I am angry at my friend for getting me to hold an AK47 last year...
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 11:48:28 am »
    Probably no cure except to just buy one, shoot up all that ammo and see if it cures you.  If not, more ammo should be available.    :whistle
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

JT

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 06:46:43 pm »
    7.62x39 is available a lot cheaper than 5.56x45. The PSAK G3 was one of the rifles I was considering.
    I ordered a Zastava ZPAP M70 from The Glock Store and am being ignored. They wont communicate and have my money. I am seriously considering filing a complaint with the Ca AG. They would probably love to have an excuse to shut them down. I would not have ordered from them but they were the only game around.

PogoJack

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 02:17:10 am »
    Probably no cure except to just buy one, shoot up all that ammo and see if it cures you.  If not, more ammo should be available.    :whistle
    Oof I was afraid of this.  Like Kung Flu, I guess it will have to run its course! Yikers!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

PogoJack

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 02:25:18 am »

7.62x39 is available a lot cheaper than 5.56x45. The PSAK G3 was one of the rifles I was considering.
    I ordered a Zastava ZPAP M70 from The Glock Store and am being ignored. They wont communicate and have my money. I am seriously considering filing a complaint with the Ca AG. They would probably love to have an excuse to shut them down. I would not have ordered from them but they were the only game around.

Thanks for the reminder of ammo availability 7.62.  I feel more practical now

I'm probably going to give an AR Pistol to my sister in Texas now, just to avoid  hoarding things in the safe.

I am sorry about your experience with the Glockstore. Didn't they move to Tennessee recently? Those M70s are really bombproof, aren't they?

If you end up stopping it or disputing with your card,  Grabagun has ZPAP92 Pistols. I ended up getting one there, a "suchka" model no brace. I think they have a couple braced models left though.

Good luck and hope you get your AK it soon!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

PogoJack

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 11:45:17 am »
    OK I got the Zastava ZPAP92 Alpha.

Never had an AK pistol.

Anyone know the open carry laws on AR/AK pistols? Sling might not be legal, but I know that a holster is.

I did some searches on AK pistol holsters and saw a couple of pics but no leads on the actual manufacturer. I will probably need to get some Kydex and leather and form my own.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement