Username: Password:

Author Topic: What is this thing?  (Read 792 times)

Brian10x

What is this thing?
« on: October 25, 2020, 09:54:13 am »
This is absolutely going to come off as the most stupid question today, but I have to ask.
I just bought this ADE reflex sight and mounted it on my Taurus TX22. I could not be happier.

However, it came with this disc. I appears to have something to do with adjusting the sight, but does it attach somewhere? How do I use it? I've been using red dot sights for decades, and this is the first time I've seen this gadget included

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

RJ

Re: What is this thing?
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 10:00:45 am »
    adjustment tool is it not
     :whistle

rjinaz86323

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 10:36:26 am »

Brian10x

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 10:43:30 am »
    Ok, they call it an adjustment ring. But the video doesn't show how its used. Or maybe I'm dumb and I missed it?

Brian10x

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 10:53:56 am »
    Figured it out from another video!

CMore

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 07:55:23 pm »
    I have one on my red dot but, I don't bother to using it.   I just adjust it with the screwdriver until it is zeroed in.
    K1CJM

thom

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 10:53:22 pm »
    This is absolutely going to come off as the most stupid question today, but I have to ask.
    I just bought this ADE reflex sight and mounted it on my Taurus TX22. I could not be happier.

How did  you mount the site?  I have a TX 22 also and want to put a holosun on it?

Thanks,
    Thom
    Finally Retired
    AZCDL Life Member
    GOA
    NRA Life Member
    A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

Clifffalling

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 06:43:34 pm »
    I have one on my red dot but, I don't bother to using it.   I just adjust it with the screwdriver until it is zeroed in.

Do they just give you this so you keep the direction straight when you are adjusting?
    Flagtaff: Poverty with a view.

Brian10x

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 08:23:17 pm »
    I dunno. I'm such a shitty marksman it doesn't really matter.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm aiming at the broad side of a barn, and I don't want to miss....AGAIN.

martian

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 04:48:26 pm »
    I like using a bore laser when sighting in my red dots. Just turn it on load it into the magazine  and rack it into the chamber. Then just tune your red dot to where the laser is pointing. Then whe you are at the range shooting longer distances you can fine tune it
    The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -Thomas Jefferson

Nevahhappen

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 02:43:32 pm »
    I like using a bore laser when sighting in my red dots. Just turn it on load it into the magazine  and rack it into the chamber. Then just tune your red dot to where the laser is pointing. Then whe you are at the range shooting longer distances you can fine tune it
    This, been using laser cartridges for scope and fixed sight prelim alignment for years.  Not the final adjustment, but close for first shots.

The old stick it in the barrel types were too inaccurate.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement