Username: Password:

Author Topic: what's the term called  (Read 263 times)

stonegraham

what's the term called
« on: November 04, 2020, 05:57:43 am »
When you have peep type sights and also something like a red dot sight, and set it up so
that when you are looking thru the peep sight, it's aligned with the red dot also?
It's on the tip of my tongue.....co- something, I think.
Someone help me with this term?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Clifffalling

Re: what's the term called
    « Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 06:01:06 am »
    Co witness
    Generally people talk about 1/3 co witness and absolute witness.
    Google Fu should guide your journey from there
    Flagtaff: Poverty with a view.

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 06:02:28 am »
    When you have peep type sights and also something like a red dot sight, and set it up so
    that when you are looking thru the peep sight, it's aligned with the red dot also?
    It's on the tip of my tongue.....co- something, I think.
    Someone help me with this term?

Co Witnessing. I usually go with a lower 1/3 vs true if that helps any?

Now here's a tune for you to rock out on, as you set up your patriot rifle. May your aim be true and your bullets fly true.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 06:04:35 am by FreeInAZ »
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Sr. Contributor
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 11:51:47 am »
    I thought all Co-Witness was TRUE Co-Witness and when mine was set up as lower 3rd I was disappointed but figured I'd just live with it.  Then I shot someones rifle that was true co-witness.  MAN was THAT annoying!  Not sure if it was because I was use to lower 3rd or because true really does obscure your vision.

That's my personal preference - to the point that if I had to have True Co-Witness, I'd just rip the red dot off and go with irons.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement