Username: Password:

Author Topic: I figured out the magic words!  (Read 421 times)

GTGallop

• N5MKH
  • Administrator
    • QRZ - N5MKH
I figured out the magic words!
« on: November 15, 2020, 03:10:32 pm »
I put down some yellow / black bee stripe duct tape on the garage floor to create lanes on teh sides that I intend to keep free of clutter so we can ingress / egress the car (I park one in the dead center) and still have access to the shelves and freezer on the sides of the garage.

Wife saw it and thought I was getting anal about how she parks in the garage and took exception.  I tried explaining the lines are for me so I leave the garage clean enough that we can share the space and ensure I leave her space to park.  She wasn't having it.  So I changed tactics and told her I got the idea from a Garage Decorating page on Pinterest and the tape came from Etsy.  HANDI-WORK APPROVED!

I think I found some suppressors on Pinterest that I like now and I'm trying to find an Etsy page that sells them.  Give it a try and see if it works at your house.
The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: I figured out the magic words!
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 05:23:35 pm »
    You have become your evil twin.   :rotfl
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

KingGlamis

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 07:30:39 pm »
    Glad it worked out but stories like this make me appreciate my divorce more and more. Freedom has a new meaning when you are single.
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.” Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

tunnug

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 11:58:34 pm »
    I'd like to do something like that but the tape would need flashing lights like on a runway, the wife parks every which way but straight when she backs in, she won't use the mirrors but instead turns and looks to see where she's going, say's she doesn't trust the mirrors!!!? :confused

Luckily it's just a driveway and not inside a garage.

PogoJack

• Contributor
    • ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    « Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 01:59:01 am »
    What a great ruse, congrats!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Clifffalling

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 06:01:47 am »
    Genius!
    I put up the ole' tennis ball. The wife hits it, and then drives another foot forward. Why?, i say. "I dont trust that tennis ball" she says.  :facepalm
    Flagtaff: Poverty with a view.

AZ Husker

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 07:09:15 am »
    Very creative excuse! I try to make my wife believe it's her idea whenever possible.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement