Username: Password:

Author Topic: Confiscation of Assault Weapons coming !!!  (Read 5246 times)

xdm5.25

Confiscation of Assault Weapons coming !!!
« on: November 20, 2020, 01:15:35 pm »
It's Not just AR's ... now it's all Assault Weapons...

Biden Deputy Chief of Staff Proposed Mandatory Confiscation of “Assault Weapons” as Beto Campaign Manager

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: Confiscation of Assault Weapons coming !!!
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:21:17 pm »
    Well, maybe we can finally get a concrete definition of what an "assault weapon" is .  .  .   :coffee
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 01:45:46 pm »
    sky is falling, the sky is falling, oh my :blink

ynotaz

• Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 01:47:28 pm »
    Have you seen Biden's posted definition of an assault weapon?  One part says any weapon that accepts a magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds. 

That alone would leave me with my muzzle loader.  They will truly have to pry them from my cold dead hands.  Ph_ck him, the horse he rode in on and every other politicians that doesn't fight that to the death. 
    “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.

It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

CZ

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 04:28:10 pm »
    He can not ban any weapons with an executive order it is not within his power.  It will need to go through the legislative branch first and he most likely does not have enough support there...  Plus the other likely hood  is he will not be POTUS anyway...

PogoJack

• Contributor
    • ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 04:34:32 pm »
    In for a penny, In for a pound.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 04:49:17 pm »
    One can only hope that, in direct response to Leftists calls for large numbers of Leftists to temporarily move to Georgia,  large numbers of 2A supporters follow the Democrats advise and move to Georgia before the special election.  If we lose the two Georgia Senate seats, and control of the Senate, then a Biden Presidency will be four painful years of direct assaults against the 2nd Amendment.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Dullahan

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 05:20:45 pm »
    I think a better title for this thread would have been "ATTEMPTED Confiscation of Assault Weapons Coming"
    "This gun is Liberty. Hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery." - Toussaint L'Ouverture

PogoJack

• Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 06:09:32 pm »
    Please read and share,  if not the link,  the information therein.

https://metallicman.com/laoban4site/what-the-progressive-liberals-have-in-store-for-conservatives/

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 06:45:25 pm »
    China Joe ain't going to do anything, because even if he managed to steal the entire election, we the people must stand in his way. All else fails, well my position is come get some. Send Beto the pendejo first.

Truly, there has never been a more important time in modern history. Imagine we thought the idiots from the last 20-30 years were radical in their ideas. These loonies have attempted a full take over of the asylum.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
    ― Mark Twain

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
    - George Carlin

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

xdm5.25

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2020, 07:34:33 pm »
    It's Not just AR's ... now it's all Assault Weapons...

Biden Deputy Chief of Staff Proposed Mandatory Confiscation of “Assault Weapons” as Beto Campaign Manager

Sorry I forgot to provide the link to the article in the op...

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/biden-deputy-chief-of-staff-proposed-mandatory-confiscation-of-assault-weapons-as-beto-campaign-manager/

AZ Husker

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2020, 08:07:57 pm »
    Lucky to live in Arizona. The vast majority of my guns aren't on paper. Private sales with no bill of sale.

CZ

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2020, 08:23:28 pm »
    Anyone who ever bought any kind of gun will be under scrutiny.

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 08:45:46 pm »
    You would imagine they really are trying to cause a civil war all on their own...

You reap what you sow.

All of my guns are on paper but are all revolvers and the like... so they're not "assault weapons" by any stretch BUT I don't agree with this BS at all. Soon it will be rifles, handguns, shotguns. The beast that is evil bloated government will never be satisfied.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

xdm5.25

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2020, 10:28:43 pm »
    You would imagine they really are trying to cause a civil war all on their own...

You reap what you sow.

All of my guns are on paper but are all revolvers and the like... so they're not "assault weapons" by any stretch BUT I don't agree with this BS at all. Soon it will be rifles, handguns, shotguns. The beast that is evil bloated government will never be satisfied.

you, everything will will called "assault weapons" even knives and forks will be next if they are successful with the former.

teddyearp

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 01:50:17 pm »
    Lucky to live in Arizona. The vast majority of my guns aren't on paper. Private sales with no bill of sale.
    Precisely.  I'll not ask the .gov for permission to exercise my rights.

Spartan301

• MOLON LABE
    « Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 07:55:11 am »
    Precisely.  I'll not ask the .gov for permission to exercise my rights.

^^^^
    THIS!  :thumbup
    U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN)
    Veteran '81-'86

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 11:16:17 am »
    Well I'll toss my 2 cents in: Say what you will about the Demo-Rats (aka commies) but to their credit, they march in lock step & they don't tolerate wafflers in their ranks. Now look to "our side" .... filled with MANY RINOS & pussies that will happily sell "the rest of us" down the crapper as long as they get to keep (insert FUDD guns of choice). To intellectually lazy to read or understand that we are in the fight of our lives, & trying to make deals with Marxists is akin to cutting a deal with ISIS & being shocked when they lop your head off for a recruitment video...

These scum bags are openly calling for: punishment lists, re-education camps, total disarming of the public, etc..etc..
    The time for compromise is long gone, so are the days of counting on others to carry your weight for you! Either we all stand together now, or we shall surely hang individually & that's not being hyperbolic.  IF these dirt bags get the seat of power, we are screwed big time, as they will see to it they finish destroying the Constitution & pack SCOTUS & US Senate to the point we will never be able to undo the damage! To put it in my terse feral cat manner: It's time to: F()CK, FIGHT, or get off the fence...no other choice as I see it.  :facepalm
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:27:35 am by FreeInAZ »
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 03:48:33 pm »
    you, everything will will called "assault weapons" even knives and forks will be next if they are successful with the former.

Precisely the problem we will be facing if these ass clowns are allowed to do as they please.

Well I'll toss my 2 cents in: Say what you will about the Demo-Rats (aka commies) but to their credit, they march in lock step & they don't tolerate wafflers in their ranks. Now look to "our side" .... filled with MANY RINOS & pussies that will happily sell "the rest of us" down the crapper as long as they get to keep (insert FUDD guns of choice). To intellectually lazy to read or understand that we are in the fight of our lives, & trying to make deals with Marxists is akin to cutting a deal with ISIS & being shocked when they lop your head off for a recruitment video...

These scum bags are openly calling for: punishment lists, re-education camps, total disarming of the public, etc..etc..
    The time for compromise is long gone, so are the days of counting on others to carry your weight for you! Either we all stand together now, or we shall surely hang individually & that's not being hyperbolic.  IF these dirt bags get the seat of power, we are screwed big time, as they will see to it they finish destroying the Constitution & pack SCOTUS & US Senate to the point we will never be able to undo the damage! To put it in my terse feral cat manner: It's time to: F()CK, FIGHT, or get off the fence...no other choice as I see it.  :facepalm

The big quetion is, who in this country is going to put their money where their mouth is on this? Will there truly be a lot of people who will stand the line and say "LIBERTY OR DEATH" or will they puss out? That's what I'm afraid of.

If the left really wants to cause a war within this country, they will regret it. No corner and no surrender.

You can't reason with unreasonable people. Even more so, you can't negotiate with total psycho domestic terrorists.
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 05:43:43 pm »
    If it comes to that - and many think it already has - the conflict will be like any other.  The aggressor will set the terms of the engagement(s) and it will be fought on many fronts with many different weapons.  Just like every other conflict there will be those who look and act like heroes and others who don't but nonetheless contribute to the overall effort. 

It would be hard to overstate the importance of allied codebreakers in WWII and the small groups of "code talkers" in various theatres of that war.  I'm thinking there aren't going to be large scale military operations in an undeclared "war" but not everyone with the will and the means to resist needs to look like a screen shot from "Call of Duty".   If you doubt that then please explain to me how we allowed ourselves to get in our current situation.   :hmm

Seems to me the important thing is to mobilize 70+ million Americans who understand that something needs to be done but are not yet sure exactly what that is.  Getting people to put down the TV remote would be a good first step and getting effective economic sanctions organized against the offending parties would be a good second step and getting involved in local, grass roots political action would also be helpful.  If picking up a rifle and a bandoleer or two of ammo is what it takes many of us here would do that as well but it may not be the best first step for all concerned. 
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

AZ Husker

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2020, 06:32:42 pm »
    Well meaning intentions. But individuals, even somewhat organized and a recognized chain of command, stands no chance of the weaponry and technology of our existing government.

PogoJack

• Contributor
    « Reply #21 on: November 27, 2020, 07:49:48 pm »
    As the Zen master said... "we'll see".

PJD.R100/7

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2020, 09:01:48 pm »
    A nearby wash swallowed my rifles last year.   Bummer. 

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #23 on: December 01, 2020, 01:47:50 pm »
    If one were getting antsy about owning supposedly "illegal weapons", some lessons can be learned  by looking into the history of the NY SAFE Act, crammed down the throats of NY Gun owners by an overwhelmingly Democratic state government.

Essentially it was a demand that gun owners voluntarily register their Semi's, from a long laundry list of just about anything that didn't need a ramrod to load. It was literally passed with no prior notice in the dead of night on a weekend. There was a deadline.

It came and went and a few thousand (out of millions of NY AR owners) registered, the rest just stared and did as they chose. Then, County legislatures enacted regulations outlawing the enforcement of the SAFE Act, and all but a handful (the NYC Counties)of Sheriffs declared that they would not enforce the Safe Act.

Basically nobody gave a damn what Mr Cuomo and his cronies decided on the subject, it just wasn't gonna happen (and still hasn't)

Very simply, the Governor's posse recognized that their little plain to disarm their fiefdom was just being ignored, and that the ones who hadn't ignored it were state employees and wouldn't take the chance they'd be prosecuted and lose their State jobs. The law went just about totally unenforced (somebody got caught at a traffic stop, maybe).

Any effort to search and seize door to door would have clearly been met with massive force retaliation. That's where it stands.

Democrats can pass laws and draw lines, but the only one that really counts is they one they cross when they attempt forcible seizure.

They try that and ugly only begins to describe the fur ball they'll be stirring up. People in this country will not tolerate house to house seizure.

Period.

Being a basically law abiding individual, I simply voted with my feet and moved here to AZ. The move cost me about $40,000 in real estate losses. It was cheap at twice the price.

When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Greg
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:55:59 pm by JarheadAZ »
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

"Faint heart never filled a flush" - Brett Maverick

Good marksmanship is no accident - JarheadNY

PogoJack

• Contributor
    « Reply #24 on: December 01, 2020, 03:04:20 pm »
    Thank you for putting things into perspective,  Greg.

I've heard rumors of vast arsenals in the basements of Suffolk County for a few years.

I got a buddy who needs his wife to retire so they can bail out of NY. He loves coming out to AZ.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement