Username: Password:

Author Topic: Long Shot  (Read 402 times)

428CJ

• Contributor
Long Shot
« on: January 04, 2021, 02:14:07 pm »
Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    Re: Long Shot
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 06:25:57 pm »
    Sub MOT (Minute of Truck) at 43 miles.
    OOORAH!
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

Marx-ism's

• Sr. Contributor
    • Why a duck?
    Re: Long Shot
    « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 09:54:00 am »
    It's nice to see when they do something well at YPG!  :rotfl

Back in the late 1990's when I worked at YPG, they used to tell stories about an old 16-inch deck gun that had been relocated to the KOFA range (east of Hwy 95). The KOFA range is normally used for over-pressure testing of artillery rounds.  The Army built a fixed placement for the old deck gun.  They also had a spare barrel for it.  One of the engineers there, at the time, got the brilliant idea to extend the barrel length by precision welding two barrels together.  One of the test teams at YPG then tried test firing a projectile out of it.  Apparently, as the story goes, they didn't accurately estimate the range of the newly modified weapon. The projectile ended up landing just outside of Gila Bend.  :rolleyes

Some days I truly miss the silliness that was Yuma Proving Ground.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement