Username: Password:

Author Topic: We are under attack  (Read 790 times)

AZNative_Phx

We are under attack
« on: January 10, 2021, 06:35:02 am »
So it is no surprise, or shouldn't be a surprise, that this new administration is going to hammer the 2a community hard. Just this week, multiple gun control bills have been submitted in the House. Plus, the ATF in recent weeks has gone after 80% lowers and pistol braces after talking with Joe Biden and informing him they are "concerned" about these lowers and braces.

I keep hearing people say "Biden isn't going to take your guns" and "this is America, they won't be able to take the guns." I am sure this is the same thing Russian, Cambodia, Yugoslavia, and many other countries said before it actually happened.

Well here are the list of bills already hitting the floor as of last week.
HR95 (this is actually good for us if passed!! This will remove suppressors from the NFA act no longer requiring a tax stamp to purchase one)

HR30 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/30

HR121 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/121?s=1&r=20

HR125 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/125?s=1&r=19

HR127 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/127?s=1&r=18

HR130 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/130/titles?r=15&s=1

HR167 https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/167?s=2&r=4

What it comes down to is we all need to be proactive and utilize the resources we have that help us keep our 2a rights. I have included a list of resources and groups that you can either follow and/or join.

Youtube: Channel Guns and Gadgets
This channel is phenomenal. The guy that runs this channel is either a cop or retired cop back east. He uploads 1-3 times a day, typically keeps his videos short, but keeps the 2a community notified of the current attacks against the second amendment, as well as the wins.

Gun Organizations:
Gun Owners of America
www.gunowners.org
Non-profit organization that fights for our gun rights

Second Amendment Foundation
https://www.saf.org/
Nonprofit that actively sues governments for unlawful gun laws and has a strong track record of winning these fights

You don't have to sign up for memberships to be a 2a advocate. Please make sure we are all acting in a professional and kind manner when in public, especially if open carrying. Teach the uninformed in a kind and patient way and do not engage poorly with people on the other side of the fence. Get people new to firearms educated and help them be amazing 2a advocates. Try to bring people afraid or new to guns to the range and teach them gun safety and basic marksmanship.

If you are new to guns, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have. We all need to be in this together because as gun owners, we are all under attack.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it". - Thomas Payne

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

cicguy

• Just an old vet
    Re: We are under attack
    « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 07:15:54 am »
    This is just the beginning.
    Born ignorant and losing ground, also in a bad mood since 1947

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 09:17:50 am »
    Thanks for some good info.

They need to eliminate the NFA/tax stamp. It's nothing but extortion and does nothing from a safety stand point.

When I used to open carry regularly (I haven't for a long time) I'd tell fools who had an issue with it, I have it to keep me and YOU safe if something pops off... long before the stupid mask Tyranny using that phrase... most agreed with the simple logic back then.

:thumbup
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
    ― Mark Twain

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
    - George Carlin

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 10:42:32 am »
    The NFA tax stamp is a tax.  I approach it from the same perspective I do all taxes; tell me what that money pays for and I'll decide whether I'm ok paying it or not.

Someone on Reddit said that since the NFA pre-dates the BATFE that money goes to the Treasury (which means general fund).  I don't think I like that.  :glare

Honestly if the money was earmarked in law to something like K-12 education or maybe the Forest Service (or pick your own benign tax-funded cause), I'd probably not complain too much.  Clearly we don't live in that world though.  Pff.

Most taxes are stupid.  But some taxes, well... things aren't free.  Some of this shit has to be paid for somehow.  Roads, emergency services, infrastructure, etc.  Unlike some, I actually enjoy living in civilization.

-T.

Spartan301

• MOLON LABE
    « Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 11:24:49 am »
    A fellow patriot from California just sent me this.....
    U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN)
    Veteran '81-'86

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 11:36:39 am »
    I drive by there every day.  Those gates have been there a pretty long time, at least since the BLM marches, way before the election.  You can still walk up to the front of the Capitol building from either end.  If you have a reason to be there (business at the Capitol, or a planned demonstration), you're not trespassing.  Let's not confuse the term 'no trespassing' with 'no access'.  They're not the same.

My gut feeling is that those fences are aimed at a combo of two groups; a) idiots who show up to throw rocks, break windows, and make a general mess of things; and b) the homeless population that may take advantage of the crowds arriving to a given event.

-T.

EDIT:  Looking closer the two pictures, those don't look like the same entrances to the Capitol.  :hmm   

I know the sides are off limits, you have to go in the front way near Wesley Bolin Plaza.  One side is no access because it's a staff parking lot.  I'm foggy on the other side; I've been though there so may times in 20 years it's a blur.  :-\  The image on the right might be the south side.
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:50:12 am by Thernlund »

Spartan301

• MOLON LABE
    « Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 11:40:28 am »
    I've been to a couple of Rallies there, never any fences.

Well, I hope you are right.  :hmm

P.S. Sign should say....Property of the People!
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:43:47 am by Spartan301 »
    U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN)
    Veteran '81-'86

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 11:56:58 am »
    Those shown statutes include public service facilities.  Property of the people is implicit, but not really relevant either way for this purpose I think. 

The real world is chock full of assholes.  That's why we can't have nice things.  Hm?

-T.

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 01:44:35 pm »
    The real world is chock full of assholes.  That's why we can't have nice things.  Hm?

-T.

Yeah pretty much man... as in there goes the neighborhood...  :whistle :rolleyes
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
    ― Mark Twain

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
    - George Carlin

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement