Username: Password:

Author Topic: Opinel Knives.  (Read 87 times)

TNFrank61

• Contributor
Opinel Knives.
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:26:21 pm »
If you don't have at least one Opinel Carbon Steel knife you're missing out.  ;-)

Luke 22:36 (NIV)
36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

"The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
- Ted Nugent

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: Opinel Knives.
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 09:27:15 pm »
    Good knives for the money.  They aren't good as pry bars but use one as it was designed to be used and you'll be happy with it for a long time.  The No. 12 folding saw is also a stand out in the line-up.   Very nicely made and ridiculously light in your pack for what it does.  Its not made for heavy cutting but mine has saved my bacon a couple of times when something stupid happened ( broken tent pole ) and I was forced to improvise.   

The older Opinels - if you can find them - are a little better IMO.  The steel seems a bit harder, holds an edge a bit longer and they had larger nail nicks in the blades.  If you find one somewhere for ten bucks or so - pick it up.  You can thank me later.   ;-)
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement