Username: Password:

Author Topic: FS Taurus Model 605 Stainless Steel .357 mag snubnose revolver  (Read 503 times)

firewater forge

FS Taurus Model 605 Stainless Steel .357 mag snubnose revolver
« on: January 14, 2021, 10:38:59 am »

I am the original owner of this revolver. I bought it back in the 1990's. I got it for backpacking trips and being stainless made it perfect for that purpose. Shot mainly .38spl through it for practice and of course some .357s.  The 605 has a spur hammer, you will notice the spur is gone. If you ever tried to get one of these out of clothing, even with your thumb on the spur it is slow to get out safely. So I had the spur removed, makes a world of difference. It comes with everything shown in the picture. The keys are for locking the hammer for child safety. Send along any questions.
$275.00 or if you have a reproduction Colt 1851 navy you want to trade. Will consider other bp handguns as well.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:38:07 pm by firewater forge »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: FS Taurus Model 605 Stainless Steel .357 mag
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 07:04:46 pm »
    So, is it now a double action only - as in the single action notch being removed from the hammer so it only fires with a full trigger stroke - or is it as built by the factory with the single action function remaining and just the hammer spur removed? 
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

firewater forge

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 11:56:12 am »
    It is still SA/DA. One can manipulate the hammer into SA.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 08:08:26 pm »
    Got it.  Thanks.  I have a similar revolver that I modified to double action only after trying the route you went.  At first it was OK but then the hammer got to the point where the sear engagement in single action was light enough I could bump the cocked hammer and it would drop.  It was either replace the hammer and sear or delete the SA function - so I did that and have been happy with it ever since.
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:12:00 pm by coelacanth »
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement