Username: Password:

Author Topic: WTB Complete AR Lower  (Read 570 times)

GTGallop

• N5MKH
  • Administrator
    • QRZ - N5MKH
WTB Complete AR Lower
« on: February 13, 2021, 03:24:36 pm »
Looks like we may end up keeping that 458 Socom Upper.

If I do, then I'm in the want to buy and / or where to buy a standard AR Lower.
I'm in no hurry and still not 100% this is the route we are going.

But if we are and it is, then come Income Tax Time, I might be looking to sling a Lower under this hoss and start looking for $3.00 boooolets.
The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

KingGlamis

Re: WTB Complete AR Lower
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 05:31:24 pm »
    I've been shopping for lowers a lot lately. If you don't care about brand they can be had for less than $300. But it does take some driving around and luck. Right now Guns ETC has Anderson lowers with trigger, bolt catch, safety, and grip but without the buffer tube and buttstock for $249. Two days ago they were $179. Wish I bought one then. Today Scottsdale Gun Club had KP-15 complete lowers for $179. Smokin' deal but KE Arms does not recommend you use that with a large bore upper. Good luck with your search.
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.” Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 07:52:55 am »
    Strange - Aside from polymer lowers, I always assumed that a lower, is a lower, is a lower.  All "milspec" and stuff.

The 458 was designed to function on a standard GI lower with no mods other than the upper swap.  I wonder if it falls then into the classification where large bore uppers should be avoided.

Either way thats some good food for thought you threw out there and prices are still too steep for me to jump in.  I'll just sit on this one for a while.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

sfed

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 02:38:31 pm »
    Palmetto State Armory seems to have a good selection in stock....

KingGlamis

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 03:55:14 pm »
    I was just at AJI and they had an Omega-15 complete lower for $199. Not a bad deal.

Side note, I go in AJI at least once a week and I think this is the least amount of ammo I have ever seen there.
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.” Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    « Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 07:07:22 pm »
    I bought two stripped lowers yesterday at SGC. They have more. I also understand Quinten Defense has them in stock.

You did say "complete" though.  Not sure on that front.  :-\

-T.

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 08:55:26 pm »
    If I have to assemble, there's no harm in that.  Just got a lot of other projects right now.  But again - still in no hurry.

zpglass

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 09:20:13 pm »
    Out of all the gun stores I been to az shooters World seems to always have a good stock of lowers.

I bought a few blemish lowers from a ffl i like.  I have extra lowers. Would like to try out my builds at some point. Ammo availability has me hoarding what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger9mm

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 02:26:23 pm »
    I bought from them before. Good customer service. Looks like all you will need is a stock assembly. Seems like a great price for $140. A lot cheaper than what I am asking for my completed lower. Shows one is available as I am posting this.

https://www.jsesurplus.com/AndersonMFGLowerw/LowerPartsKitInstalled-DONTTREADONMEENGRAVI.aspx
    « Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 02:29:50 pm by Roger9mm »
    Statistics have shown most boating accidents have been caused by gun owners. Stop going on boating trips!

PogoJack

• Contributor
    • ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    « Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 12:20:01 pm »
    PM sent.

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 07:26:40 pm »
    Out of the lower market for now.
    Locking post - but that Socom upper may show up here shortly!

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement