Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wait time for CCW renewal ?  (Read 1419 times)

BPS

Wait time for CCW renewal ?
« on: March 06, 2021, 05:33:22 pm »
Anybody renew their ccw permit lately? Just wondering how long it takes. I sent my renewal form in early Jan 21 and haven’t received it yet.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

bill460

Re: Wait time for CCW renewal ?
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 12:23:07 pm »
    Mine was slow as molasses. I finally called about it, and got a hold of a really nice gal who checked while I held for a good 10 minutes. She told me it would be mailed later that day, and I got it the day before my old one expired.

What irritated me about the whole thing is I sent it in early, and they sent it back, because they said it was too early. If they simply would have processed it when I sent it, I would have received it with time to spare. They're a victim of their own damn creation.

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 02:02:54 pm »
    luck of the draw pal, some get it in a week, some in months, hehe, their time frame is not your time frame friendly, you do realize its the state gubermint, they are sometimes worse than the feds.
    just saying
    Rj

bill460

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 02:48:18 pm »
    I've had a CCW since they were first offered in 1995. They've always been relatively prompt. This time it's been a train wreck, much like everything else.

patkelly4370

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 04:41:33 pm »
    I have an ongoing 7+ year thread on Calguns about the AZ permit.
    Currently they are waiting a couple of months to be processed.
    But...
    It has been noticed that when someone calls the DPS, the permit is approved nearly immediately and sent out the next day in most cases.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ZNinerfan

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 05:18:43 pm »
    My renewal took about 60ish days from sending in my form to receiving my new card in the mail. Submitted 8/12, received 10/9.
    NRA Patron Member

bill460

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 09:21:58 pm »
    ........It has been noticed that when someone calls the DPS, the permit is approved nearly immediately and sent out the next day in most cases.

That was my case. And it tells me there are a lot of people over there scratching their asses, who weren't before.

brown_recluse

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 06:55:22 pm »
    Does constitutional carry apply to out of state people?

mlshermancpa

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 10:26:53 pm »
    I sent my renewal in last March and I'm still waiting.  They don't even respond to emails.

bill460

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 11:04:35 pm »
    I sent my renewal in last March and I'm still waiting.  They don't even respond to emails.

You have to call.

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #10 on: November 03, 2021, 06:09:28 am »
    Mine is coming up in about 9 or 10 months.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

jrleen

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2021, 11:00:02 am »
    Mailed my renewal June 24 and after seeing nothing I wrote email mid Sep requesting a update. They emailed back Oct 1 it was issued Oct 1 and heading out in the mail. Called today and gal said it was issued Oct 2 and mailed. She is sending out a replacement free of charge and I should have it in 7-10 working days. We will see  :whistle

thom

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 05:12:22 pm »
    I sent mine in July. I called today and it still has not been put into their computer.
    Finally Retired
    AZCDL Life Member
    GOA
    NRA Life Member
    A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

azguy1911

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2021, 12:54:15 pm »
    This thread made me think -- I just checked, I mailed my check on August 3rd of 2020 and 16 days later had my CCW card, have things changed that much in 15 months ?
    I'm into 1911's, 9mm and 38 supers only

bill460

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2021, 02:13:39 pm »
    This thread made me think -- I just checked, I mailed my check on August 3rd of 2020 and 16 days later had my CCW card, have things changed that much in 15 months ?

In a word..... YES.

jrleen

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 06:45:17 am »
    Mine finally arrived on Nov 18th. Just 1 week shy of 5 months and roughly 2 months after the old ID expired. I suppose because its another governmental agency we accept all of its failures.

Jglitch

• Lurker
    « Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 02:44:18 am »
    Is there a specific time frame you're allowed to renew mine expires end of 2022

bill460

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 03:51:15 am »

Yes. I believe it's 60 days before expiration, no more. I sent in mine about 4 months before it expired, and they sent it back to me. I sent it back when they told me to, and I ended up getting it just a few days before it was set to expire.

And that's only because I called, waited on hold for over 20 minutes while they checked on it. They finally came back on the line and told me it would go out on Monday of the next week. It's one of those cases where you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 06:09:58 pm »
    Same with Temp Handicapped Parking Placard.  Tried to renew mine in November.  Too soon.  Then tried again in December (expired 12/31/2021) and still don't have it.
    Tempted to park and hang the old placard with the forms I sent to the state stapled to it.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

Phatboy07

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2022, 10:29:30 am »
    I was actually late on renewing my ccw, but was still inside the grace period. I sent off the cashiers check and form to DPS and received my updated card within 30days. That was back in October though.

Phatboy07

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2022, 10:35:12 am »
    Found this info is correct, my ccw was expired by 45 days when i renewed it.

Azmarlin39a

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2022, 03:24:00 am »
    Sent my renewal application off yesterday.  My permit expires on 1/25/22.  I hope for a smooth transaction.
    Let’s go Brandon!

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement