Username: Password:

Author Topic: So when you e-file a Form 1, what is the "original" tax stamp?  (Read 737 times)

PogoJack

• Contributor
  • ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
Do they mail it to you or do you get back a signed PDF of the application with a tax stamp?

Asking for a friend.  Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

delta6

Re: So when you e-file a Form 1, what is the "original" tax stamp?
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 07:30:36 am »
    You'll get a hard copy in the mail.

pscipio03

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 07:23:02 pm »
    You'll get a hard copy in the mail.
    No you don't. I've Form 1'd over 20 SBRs and cans and have never once received anything in the mail. As recently as Feb and going back to 2013.

The only time you get an original is when you From 4 something through a vendor.

Your 'original' stamp is on the eform site and you can download it. Print it out or do whatever your fancy calls for.
    I always keep a copy of all my Form 1s on my phone just in the WAY off chance that an ATF agent happens to show credentials and ask to see it. Never happened yet and I've taken a couple courses with ATF agents (Vickers).

delta6

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 09:14:46 pm »
    Yep ;-D
    Approval: Once approved the ATF eform system will notify you of approval via email with an attached approval form. This form will contain your tax stamp.

PogoJack

• Contributor
    • ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    Thank you for the great answers gents! 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cool arrow

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 02:46:00 pm »

I always keep a copy of all my Form 1s on my phone just in the WAY off chance that an ATF agent happens to show credentials and ask to see it.

I keep color copies of ALL stamps in my range box as a JIC too, I have had people give me sh!t about it but don't care, I figure better safe than sorry.

pscipio03

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 10:30:08 pm »
    No one has ever said anything or asked to see my stamp.
    My old range back in MI there were a few old Fudd RSO’s that would ask people who were using cans or SBRs to see their stamps. Was an RSO there myself so put a stop to that shit real quick. Unless you’re an ATF agent, not LEO, not FBI, not a nosy Fudd, I’m under no obligation to show anything as long as I’m not committing a crime. I’ve heard people say that some of the indoor ranges in the valley have some super RSOs that ask to see stamps as well. Guess I’ll just have to pack up and leave since it’s technically a private range

ynotaz

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2021, 08:37:27 am »
    Be careful on this.  We've covered this point multiple times 

I keep telling people if a local LEO asks to see proof that you are authorized to possess an SBS, SBR, Machinegun or a suppressor, you can refuse BUT you can be charged with a class 4 felony and your item(s) seized until you can prove that you are authorized (read as "spent big bucks and time in court"). 

All of those items are described in ARS 13-3101, they are outlawed in ARS 13-3102.  Possession is a class 4 felony, UNLESS  “a person specifically licensed or permitted pursuant to federal or state law”

The law is quoted below, you can look it up for yourself or ask your expensive attorney about it if you are charged with misconduct with a weapon. 

13-3102. Misconduct involving weapons; defenses; classification; definitions
    A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:
     3. Manufacturing, possessing, transporting, selling or transferring a prohibited weapon

F. Subsection A, paragraph 3 of this section shall not apply to the merchandise of an authorized manufacturer of or dealer in prohibited weapons, when such material is intended to be manufactured, possessed, transported, sold or transferred solely for or to a dealer, a regularly constituted or appointed state, county or municipal police department or police officer, a detention facility, the military service of this or another state or the United States, a museum or educational institution or a person specifically licensed or permitted pursuant to federal or state law.

Misconduct involving weapons under subsection A, paragraph 3, 4, 8 or 13 of this section is a class 4 felony

13-3101. Definitions
    8. "Prohibited weapon":
    (a) Includes the following:

(ii) A device that is designed, made or adapted to muffle the report of a firearm.

(iii) A firearm that is capable of shooting more than one shot automatically, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

(iv) A rifle with a barrel length of less than sixteen inches, or shotgun with a barrel length of less than eighteen inches, or any firearm that is made from a rifle or shotgun and that, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

(viii) Any combination of parts or materials that is designed and intended for use in making or converting a device into an item set forth in item (i), (v) or (vii) of this subdivision.
    Finally found my new sig:

https://youtu.be/yuEBBwJdjhQ?t=46

CGIS

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2021, 01:50:03 am »
    No you don't. I've Form 1'd over 20 SBRs and cans and have never once received anything in the mail. As recently as Feb and going back to 2013.

The only time you get an original is when you From 4 something through a vendor.

Your 'original' stamp is on the eform site and you can download it. Print it out or do whatever your fancy calls for.
    I always keep a copy of all my Form 1s on my phone just in the WAY off chance that an ATF agent happens to show credentials and ask to see it. Never happened yet and I've taken a couple courses with ATF agents (Vickers).

You’re correct. You only receive it via the ATF site you e-filed on. Then print it out and you’re good to go. I keep them in my gun case zipped up in a bag and on my phone. Done and done.

You can ask ATF all you want for a hard copy and they will tell you absolutely not.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement