Username: Password:

Author Topic: Holosun 507c acss vulcan  (Read 827 times)

Orion

Holosun 507c acss vulcan
« on: May 26, 2021, 10:38:30 am »
I don't have much experience with pistol red dot sights. I am considering purchasing the 507c acss Vulcan, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with one. Is there a better option?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

ynotaz

• Contributor
    Re: Holosun 507c acss vulcan
    « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 08:46:39 am »
    I have an H507 with circle dot option but not the new ACSS Vulcan.  That will be my next pistol dot though.  I have friends who have run the Holosun and torture tested them, I participated.  We beat them up and did more to them than anyone except a true operator in continuous combat would ever do.  They continued to work.  The only negative we found is that the emitter is not covered so you can get debris in front of it that you will have to shake out.  We didn’t try this with mud to see how easy it would be to get the mud out, but I have no grandiose plans of crawling under razor wire through mud then getting into a gun battle.

On to the new ACSS Vulcan.  I like it.  It is the most advanced concept in pistol optics on the market.  If you haven’t used a red dot on a pistol, you will quickly learn the hardest thing to master is finding the dot.  The complexity will only increase under stress.  The outer circle on the Vulcan gives you an immediate indication of how to adjust to find the dot.  I played with one and it will be my next dot on my next pistol. 

This is my current H507C2 RED which will likely get replaced with a Vulcan and moved to another new shiny.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.

It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement