Username: Password:

Author Topic: WTB m16 or M60  (Read 479 times)

timelinex

WTB m16 or M60
« on: April 24, 2021, 11:09:09 am »
I am in the market for an M16 and/or an M60

Let me know if anyone is looking to sell sometime soon!

Thanks

(I tried to bump an old thread but it recommended I start a new one since it was older)

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Marx-ism's

• Sr. Contributor
    • Why a duck?
    Re: WTB m16 or M60
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 04:59:05 pm »
    Finding either of this will likely be like finding that proverbial needle in a hay stack.

If you can wait till the fall, it might be prudent to catch the SAR show at the Fairgrounds. There will likely be one or more vendors at that show with something for sale that may catch your interest. On the other hand, given the BS coming out of DC, I fully expect #Senile President Turnip Brain to try to outlaw every firearm, subject to current or proposed NFA restrictions, before the end of the year.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

ynotaz

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 05:27:28 pm »
    PM Delta6, he had an M16 up for sale a couple weeks at at the inventory downsizing sale and he may have an M60 among others.
    I gotta think about a new sig.  Hmmmmm?

CMore

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 06:21:46 pm »
    Sportsman in Phoenix has belted ammo for sale $729 for 500 rounds you might want to buy a few cases so you will have it for the M-60.   I might have some links I will sell if you want to link your own ammo...

Finding a M-16 should be pretty easy in the $20,000 to $30,000 range the M-60 will be a lot harder to find and most likely will run up to or more than $50,000
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:36:20 pm by CMore »
    K1CJM

timelinex

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 08:18:20 pm »
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I see some for sale here and there but nothing that sparked my interest. Surprisingly, from my research the pandemic and the presidency hasn't really effected NFA prices. They may be trying to make things like the ar15 NFA but no one is talking about getting rid of NFA items. NFA forums still have a ton of NFA, but i would rather deal locally if possible.

I've talked to a forum member on here before that had a few, not sure if that was Delta6, but I believe what he had here was New/unfired which isn't exactly what I was looking for. (I plan on shooting, so it would be a waste of money paying more for the unfired collectable value).

Thanks again for chiming in everyone, I'm all ears!

timelinex

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 08:21:04 pm »
    Finding either of this will likely be like finding that proverbial needle in a hay stack.

If you can wait till the fall, it might be prudent to catch the SAR show at the Fairgrounds. There will likely be one or more vendors at that show with something for sale that may catch your interest. On the other hand, given the BS coming out of DC, I fully expect #Senile President Turnip Brain to try to outlaw every firearm, subject to current or proposed NFA restrictions, before the end of the year.

Just wondering what your opinion is based on. I know everything in the gun world is going insane, but NFA seems to be the only thing that actually hasn't been effected in my research.

I think everyone is trying to stock up on cheap ammo and guns the most!

Sportsman in Phoenix has belted ammo for sale $729 for 500 rounds you might want to buy a few cases so you will have it for the M-60.   I might have some links I will sell if you want to link your own ammo...

Finding a M-16 should be pretty easy in the $20,000 to $30,000 range the M-60 will be a lot harder to find and most likely will run up to or more than $50,000

I haven't been paying attention to the ammo market, knowing it's going crazy, but wow! At that rate, I may as well shoot my stock of FGMM :rotfl Luckily I am patient and this rush too shall pass. I just hope Biden doesn't do something to limit foreign ammo, that's really the only long term effect on prices I imagine could happen from him.
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:27:40 pm by timelinex »

monster

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 09:01:52 pm »
    Check out NFAdealer.com.

I got a MG from Ruben (the owner). He’s a great guy.

If you do buy a MG from him, he will ask for the amount wire transferred. Don’t freak out like I did, he’s solid.

brucea4

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 09:46:46 am »

M-16 are available as stated.  The only thing I would suggest when buying an M-16 is that you look for a Colt.  If it isn't a Colt then stay way south of the 30K figure.  Personally I haven't seen any 50K M-60's around lately.  The ones I see on auction sites are 65-70K asking prices.  Took a long time to find my M-60 and I wouldn't let it go for less than 100K if I had to sell.  Good luck finding one though...

timelinex

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 09:46:02 am »
    M-16 are available as stated.  The only thing I would suggest when buying an M-16 is that you look for a Colt.  If it isn't a Colt then stay way south of the 30K figure.  Personally I haven't seen any 50K M-60's around lately.  The ones I see on auction sites are 65-70K asking prices.  Took a long time to find my M-60 and I wouldn't let it go for less than 100K if I had to sell.  Good luck finding one though...

Definitely looking for a colt m16

As far as the M60 I would be open to either an RRA or Meremont

brucea4

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 10:43:47 am »
    A Maremont is going to cost you dearly!  Colt  :thumbup

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement