Username: Password:

Author Topic: Looking for a 4x4 truck or SUV....right spot?  (Read 332 times)

Ryan

• Well Done Is Better Then Well Said
Looking for a 4x4 truck or SUV....right spot?
« on: April 24, 2021, 07:02:09 pm »
First question can I post a "WTB" thread on the Firearms & Non-Firearms sections if it's looking to buy a truck? lol

Feel like those two should be in separate categories (firearm market) and (non-firearm market)

Not trying to spend more then like 3k if possible. Just want something that runs properly. I don't care if it's dented up or faded/scratched paint. Ultimately it's just going to be my weekend toy/project for anything and everything offroad.

Live in Tempe, but I'll travel up to like 50 miles or more if somethin looks good to see it in person
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Dullahan

Re: Looking for a 4x4 truck or SUV....right spot?
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 07:26:21 pm »
    Have you checked the carguru website? It's great.
     I got my truck from a listing there 2 yrs ago and found their search filters to be really helpful. Good luck. Used cars have gone up incredibly in value the past year or so.
    "This gun is Liberty. Hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery." - Toussaint L'Ouverture

Ryan

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 07:35:13 pm »
    yea I'll browse Facebook, Craigslist, CarGurus, Autotrader, Offerup, Etc.

Since I have my daily driver that gets 40mpg, I'm in no huge rush, but definitely would like something by the summer so I can go out and enjoy my new state. Just got here a week ago thanks to my company relocating me (I volunteered lol)
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

• Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 08:50:39 am »
    Welcome to Arizona.  The truck market is very strong and going up daily.  You are going to need to adjust your budget quite a bit.

Ryan

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 11:08:03 am »
    Welcome to Arizona.  The truck market is very strong and going up daily.  You are going to need to adjust your budget quite a bit.

I mean, I've already seen a significant number of 3rd gen 4runners for 4-5k and under that look to be in good shape. Obviously 3k is low for a running/driving 4x4 pretty much anywhere, but if i'm not in a rush. I know the possibilities are there.

This is also a state where EVERYONE seems to have a truck or suv, so gems are bound to be found if you look hard enough  :thumbsup

also I could always go up, but doesn't mean I feel the need to  :-)

Ryan

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 11:09:20 am »
    Have you checked the carguru website? It's great.
     I got my truck from a listing there 2 yrs ago and found their search filters to be really helpful. Good luck. Used cars have gone up incredibly in value the past year or so.

yea it's been like that for several years now across the country. More and more people just hang onto their cars rather then swap em out every like 5 years. Used Vehicle market is H U G E

Marx-ism's

• Sr. Contributor
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 12:12:36 pm »
    I mean, I've already seen a significant number of 3rd gen 4runners for 4-5k and under that look to be in good shape. Obviously 3k is low for a running/driving 4x4 pretty much anywhere, but if i'm not in a rush. I know the possibilities are there.

This is also a state where EVERYONE seems to have a truck or suv, so gems are bound to be found if you look hard enough  :thumbsup

also I could always go up, but doesn't mean I feel the need to  :-)

Not trying to rain on your parade but have you ever looked in the engine compartment of a newer 4Runner?

I owned a 94 4Runner for nearly 10 years. As with most Toyota products it was impressively over-engineered. The engine compartment of that SUV was so cramped that it was damned difficult making even minor repairs without having to relocate components or grow a third/fourth hand. On the flip side, it was pretty damned reliable.  Aside from minor repairs and maintenance issues, the only major problem I had with it was a bad A/C compressor. Was a pain in the ass to replace, and then an even bigger pain in the ass when I had to replace it a second time two weeks later.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

JT

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 01:12:35 pm »
    A possibility might be a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have seen a few go cheap. There are a couple of SUV's in the green/white sheet.
    https://www.greenandwhitesheet.com/classified-ads.php?classPage=&ipp=

Marx-ism's

• Sr. Contributor
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 04:19:44 pm »
    A possibility might be a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have seen a few go cheap. There are a couple of SUV's in the green/white sheet.
    https://www.greenandwhitesheet.com/classified-ads.php?classPage=&ipp=

Dayum!  The Green sheet is still around?  I remember that little paper when I lived in the Sin Fernando valley as a kid.

Even more entertaining still, when I clicked on the hyperlink the ad at the top of the page was for Alexander Toyota in Yuma.  Alexander Toyota was the stealership where I bought my 4Runner back in 1995.  :rotfl
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Starguco

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 07:42:21 pm »
    Suggestion Call Danny.  (928) 451-5788

He has vehicle's for sale. He might just have something in your price range.  :hmm
    Last time I spoke with him. He had 3 trucks for sale. Current status you have to call. :coffee

https://www.yelp.com/biz/firebird-towing-camp-verde
    Firebird Towing at 573 N Industrial Dr, Camp Verde, AZ 86322.  (928) 451-5788
    There is no such thing as Overkill. Die Lehrer Klaus Horstkamp.

"We must reject the idea every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each indiviual is accountable for his actions." Ronald Reagan

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement