Username: Password:

Author Topic: Scott from Kentucky Ballistics survives his 50 Cal blowing up  (Read 484 times)

SupportThe2nd

Amazing account of what happened and the aftermath. He definitely has a guardian angel on his shoulder. Worth watching the entire video.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:25:34 pm by SupportThe2nd »

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

KingGlamis

Re: Scott from Kentucky Ballistics survives his 50 Cal blowing up
    « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 07:11:52 pm »
    Scott's a great guy, glad he will be OK. Scary though! That's a shooter's worst nightmare right there (short of an actual gun fight).
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.” Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

DClayton

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 09:30:19 am »
    Scott and his Fathers knowledge of first aid/basic understanding of what do saved his life without a shadow of a doubt.
    One of those “it’ll never happen to me” accidents.
    Should be a priority for everyone that shoots to get some first aid training. Could save your life

870policemag

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 10:28:32 am »
    That guy's truly blessed. I bought one of the "stick your thumb in it" shirts last night.
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

www.mesapawn.net

• Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 10:37:56 am »
    And what a nice job he did making this video.

SupportThe2nd

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 06:55:55 am »
    And what a nice job he did making this video.

Really got me when he started talking about his wife and children.

Casswick

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 09:48:03 pm »
    CRS did a really good video on this. It was the initial fault of overloaded cartridges that caused the failure. Though but for the design flaw and lack of fail safes in the RN-50, did the failure lead to the near fatal injury.

"...the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience." —Aldous Huxley to George Orwell

Casswick

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 10:12:44 pm »
    Another good video with the hypothesis that buildup from the shielding on the Sabot rounds in the muzzle break caused the over pressure situation.

"...the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience." —Aldous Huxley to George Orwell

SupportThe2nd

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 09:08:46 am »
    CRS did a really good video on this. It was the initial fault of overloaded cartridges that caused the failure. Though but for the design flaw and lack of fail safes in the RN-50, did the failure lead to the near fatal injury.

I think he did a great explanation of all the design issues. One thing I did take exception to although is him recommending people to sell their rifle to someone and dump it. If he really was concerned with someone else's potential injury why would you do that? Wouldn't you say "Hey if you own one of these contact the company, tell them you insist on a refund or a redesigned rifle or you will take further action". In the meantime don't shoot it and especially don't sell it to an unsuspecting buyer.

Mr. Nobody

• Trigger warning: I'm not PC.
    • Contributor
    « Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 12:31:24 pm »
    This guy is seriously lucky. I just had time to finally check it out yesterday.

It was pretty bad. Good thing his dad was there to help him out and wasn't an idiot who panics in a time of crisis.
    There is nothing more deceptive then an obvious fact. - Sherlock Holmes

Memento Mori

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement